The Sherwen and Liggett Tour thread *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dragon72

Guru
I don't like their pandering to the brands.
It's always the "Amgen" Tour of California whenever they plug mention it every hour or so, and god forbid they say Radioshack without adding Nissan Trek for good measure.

The best bit of ITV commentary is when the covergae starts 'early' and Imlach, Boardman and Rendell just have a chat...or that is how it feels. Like a knowledgable chat,with a bit of banter, some amusing asides and silences when there is nothing to say.
Oh lord yes. Hopefuly when Bert & Ernie get pensioned off, that will be the way of the world.

@Dragon72 - to be fair, cycling is so dependent on sponsors that mentioning them is pretty forgivable.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I remember one from a couple of days ago which I'm still wondering about. ''It's like they're riding into the belly of the beast because they've got the mountains on their shoulders.''

just jim

Paul: "A lot of people watch the Tour de France for the cows."

FACT.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Not a Sherwin/Liggett one but a brilliant bit from Gary Imlach, who is a presenter I have quite a lot of time for.

At the start of the show, commenting on Bradley Wiggins:

"It's his seventh day in yellow and he's looking quite comfortable in it
Or, it's his seventh day in yellow and he's looking quite comfortable, innit."

Nice :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Liggett's just put a curse of doom on tour result by suggesting how it's all going to pan out, on a positive note ITV4 are now showing England's greatest world cup matches.

Is that the time...

Top Bottom