The Shiv has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
003_zps1f89a133.jpg

I took her out for a quick spin ( 2 miles ) and she feels sweet to ride although I need to shift a few things around . You can really feel like the bike wants to just go .
Oddly after a week or so of the shop telling me they would fit the bike to me and they didn't want to let it out the shop without getting it just right for me , I turned up with shorts , pedals and shoes as instructed and was told heres your bike mate , sign here and have fun :blink:
It suits me as my LBS has already said they will tweak it for me if I want .
Anyway , I now have her set up in the turbo trainer for me to have a play with positions . Any tips as to what to aim for ?
Oh , and yes , I do have some nice wheels for her :thumbsup:

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you had a look on the time trial forum http://www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/ there are a lot of top guys on there, most happy to give advice.

screenman

Legendary Member
I would rather ask here as these guys and gals already know I'm a twat . If I go over there i'll have to build up the whole reputation of being a twat again :thumbsup:

Better to sound stupid for a minute than to remain ignorant for the rest of your life. It is a good forum, have a look.

I would rather ask here as these guys and gals already know I'm a twat . If I go over there i'll have to build up the whole reputation of being a twat again :thumbsup:
One or two of us are regulars on the TTF, so feel free to make a pillock out of yourself. Happy to help out though, I have done a lot of TT bike tweaking for others over the years. PM me any pictures of you on the bike [side view and as square on as you can].

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
One or two of us are regulars on the TTF, so feel free to make a pillock out of yourself. Happy to help out though, I have done a lot of TT bike tweaking for others over the years. PM me any pictures of you on the bike [side view and as square on as you can].
That's very kind of you . I'll try and get some sorted .

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...

I just joined the TTF, in anticipation of my new bike, it's a pretty decent forum and they seem quite welcoming.

Nice bike btw :bravo:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hmmmm ive just tried to drop the bars to at least get them somewhere near my road bikes and the spacers don't seem to fit on the top . It looks like there is some kind of split spacer that takes up the slack ? I knew I shouldn't have touched it :laugh:

Hmmmm ive just tried to drop the bars to at least get them somewhere near my road bikes and the spacers don't seem to fit on the top . It looks like there is some kind of split spacer that takes up the slack ? I knew I shouldn't have touched it :laugh:
You will find that most tt'ers do not have their tri-bars set as low as the bars on their road bikes. In a nutshell it is a trade off between aero and power, it takes a long time to get the balance right for an individual, simply because everyones morphology is different. This is where a power metre can be very useful.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You will find that most tt'ers do not have their tri-bars set as low as the bars on their road bikes. In a nutshell it is a trade off between aero and power, it takes a long time to get the balance right for an individual, simply because everyones morphology is different. This is where a power metre can be very useful.
I understand that and was just having a play with things . Right now I have every spacer on everything and it feels like i'm on my mums bike :ohmy:
Off to bed now , this TT stuff is hard work isn't it :laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
My bars have all the spacers underneath and the stem flipped, as thats how it feels comfortable. Concentrate on getting narrow and not low, with a small comprimise over aero to power...........works for me and im 17 st lump that has a 26min pb

Top Bottom