The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Been travelling to Poland regularly ove the last weeks and the Kamiq Auto seems to be the Hertz car of choice at the mo....and very pleasant it is too! Spacious, comfortable, drives and handles well well enough. The Auto-box is smooth as silk. 42mpg on gasoline. Rear seat and boot space is OK, I quite like it!

It's that time of year again
The Kodiaq's going for its MOT test on Tuesday

It's only covered circa 5,920 miles between tests
That includes last Easter at Edinburgh, a long weekend in Cumbria, a weekend in Morecambe
I dropped it off, about 08:30, walked home (the proverbial, & quite literal, '5 minutes')
Got a phone-call, at 09:35, to say I could collect it

'PASS'
No advisories

Reactions: gbb
Saturday 16th

Arrived via Royal Mail, this morning

IMG_9541.jpeg

IMG_9542.jpeg

I like the look of the new small electric Skoda to be released next year.

We were over at a local (well… the other side of Wakefield) shooting club late this morning, to see a memorial bench for a close family member

I missed it pull in, but as l was about to leave (wife was at caravan, so drove down separately), a ‘race blue’(??) Superb estate also left
It looked very nice indeed, barring sounding like a petrol engine

However, it had a ‘4x4’ badge on the rear!

Now that’d be a nice Kodiaq replacement, but as a 2.0TDi

Tom...

Veteran
I missed it pull in, but as l was about to leave (wife was at caravan, so drove down separately), a ‘race blue’(??) Superb estate also left
It looked very nice indeed, barring sounding like a petrol engine

However, it had a ‘4x4’ badge on the rear!

This is what I drive, it's the 2.0 TSI Laurin & Klement DSG 4WD, but in grey.

368bhp (Stage 1) and 660l of boot space. My favourite car to date.

gbb

Legendary Member
Z
It's only covered circa 5,920 miles between tests
That includes last Easter at Edinburgh, a long weekend in Cumbria, a weekend in Morecambe
I dropped it off, about 08:30, walked home (the proverbial, & quite literal, '5 minutes')
Got a phone-call, at 09:35, to say I could collect it

'PASS'
No advisories

As we hopefully look forward to including 2x grand daughters to our home, we've been musing whether to upgrade / upsize the car. Been musing a Mazda CX5, and dangerously, went car hunting this weekend.
Must admit, I'm not fully on side, our Mazda is still more than fit for purpose but is a bit cramped at times.
So we saw a Kodiaq (1.5 TSI) ....ooooh, we both loved it, if I were more impulsive, we'd have it .
That spurred me onto considering a Karoq, far more sensibly sized....mmmmmm.

But common sense takes over, our car is a 2018 and still perfectly good, the cash layout again makes me smart.
Just musing , forgive me.

@gbb
Lots of internal space in a Kodiaq
Mine's the 5-seater, & for commonality, it has the 'rear-seats' from the 7-seater ('middle row')
They slide forward, to allow ingress/egress in the 7-seater... but... it also allows a bigger boot if you need one, without compromising footwell space too much (which is h-u-g-e with the seats all the way back)
Plus they recline too! (if wanted)

Last edited:
Reactions: gbb
Saturday 16th

Arrived via Royal Mail, this morning

View attachment 724576

View attachment 724578
It was fitted this AM, I know I could have undoubtedly done it myself, but......... I don't have the trim-tools, Sods Law dictates that I'd have probably broken a few trim-clips if I had tried
If he broke them, he'd have to make it all good again

Seemed to take ages to connect/initialise to my iPhone though!

Yes, like a 'helmet-cam', I realise that it's a 'double-edged sword' & that it might incriminate the owner too

Top Bottom