The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saturday 13th

Taking the window-sticker 'home'
It's a complete change, from our last visit in mid-February

Joanne, & I, had called, hoping to get an ice-cream
(sadly, they were sold out)

Squires’
Newthorpe
(between Ledsham & Sherburn-in-Elmet)
North Yorkshire

This is where we saw the Opel GT
Cars park separately from bikes, on weekends & bank-holidays

IMG_5920.jpeg

https://www.squires-cafe.co.uk/
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3239770

Last edited:
The Kodiaqs insurance is due shortly
I wonder how much it will have gone up by?
(no claims against/or by me)
It was just over £230 at last renewal (with a change of company due to 30% increase by my long-time insurer)

I might enquire how much it is as a 'solo' policy, as SWMBO doesn't drive it (she has her own car, & access to 2 others)

Last edited:
It was just over £230 at last renewal (with a change of company due to 30% increase by my long-time insurer)

I might enquire how much it is as a 'solo' policy, as SWMBO doesn't drive it (she has her own car, & access to 2 others)
Received email :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
'22 - '23 premium; £230.24
'23 - '24 renewal quote; £298.72 :eek::eek::eek:

Another 30% rise, with no claims by/against
Shop around time again

Saturday 20th

As we were returning from ASDA this morning, in my Kodiaq, l noticed that the clock was wrong
(it was actually 09:35)

The date shown even predates it being built!
(2018 build)

IMG_5969.jpeg

I manually reset the time & date, when we got home
All seemed okay
- GPS time
- 24 hour clock selected
- UK date layout

I’ve just been out in it, & all seems okay, even the seconds coincide with my iPhone

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

My premium is higher with me as the only driver. I have my brother on my policy as a named driver (and vice versa) and my policy is around 10% cheaper that way.

Sunday 21st

I'd dragged the BWSOW, up to the fringes of North Yorkshire, not far over the River Wharfe (at Harewood Bridge)
This was the trip back; Spring Lane (from Netherby), A61 (Leeds - Harrogate road), Harewood Bank, Harewood Avenue, Collingham, WattleSyke, A1 (south), FerryBridge, M62, home

Granted the speed isn't that high, as the first 2 miles were on country lanes, with a lot of cyclists & horse-riders
I was behind a bus, on Harewood Bank, then turning left onto Harewood Avenue, there were a lot of groups of cyclists, & a fair amount of opposing traffic
The only 'making progress' speed, was on the A1 & M62 (but, still a 60MPH cruise)

I’m quite happy with that MPG though!

IMG_5985.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Sunday 21st

I'd dragged the BWSOW, up to the fringes of North Yorkshire, not far over the River Wharfe (at Harewood Bridge)
This was the trip back; Spring Lane (from Netherby), A61 (Leeds - Harrogate road), Harewood Bank, Harewood Avenue, Collingham, WattleSyke, A1 (south), FerryBridge, M62, home

Granted the speed isn't that high, as the first 2 miles were on country lanes, with a lot of cyclists & horse-riders
I was behind a bus, on Harewood Bank, then turning left onto Harewood Avenue, there were a lot of groups of cyclists, & a fair amount of opposing traffic
The only 'making progress' speed, was on the A1 & M62 (but, still a 60MPH cruise)

View attachment 690761

Is that about the solo combined figure!

Our grandchildren will ask what was MPG all about!!

Gunk

Guru
Sunday 21st

View attachment 690761

What engine? 1.6d?

Received email :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
'22 - '23 premium; £230.24
'23 - '24 renewal quote; £298.72 :eek::eek::eek:

Another 30% rise, with no claims by/against
Shop around time again

Just been through the Compare The Market site
£329.78 is best price (without looking at the small-print)

This preposterous quote was the dearest:eek:
They expect a black-box at that!!:cursing:

IMG_6013.jpeg

Top Bottom