Trailers & 'BWSOW's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay!
Not exactly a trailer/BWSOW

But it can pull a decent trailer

A T-Cab motorhome!, that’s cool!
(hope it’s a V8 too!)

IMG_5926.jpeg

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Motorhome!
Okay!
Not exactly a trailer/BWSOW

But it can pull a decent trailer

A T-Cab motorbike!, that’s cool!
(hope it’s a V8 too!)

View attachment 689494

Sunday 21st

A short drag up to; https://maustinpark.com/short-breaks/touring-and-motorhome-pitches-yorkshire

SWMBO is following, arriving in next 20 minutes or so, in her car, with ‘fat-dog’

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5977.jpeg

EDIT @ 15:22
We arrived about 11:50, she got there circa 13:30

The occupants of the caravan next door were throwing meat (l assume?) out, onto the grass
Red Kites were swooping down to pick it up, rather impressive birds
I’ve only seen them overhead, never essentially at ‘eye-line’!
Driving home was a lot more economical!

Last edited:

GilesM

Legendary Member
@GilesM
They’re not very long, if the flaps l’ve seen are any to go by
Unless there are various types?

I have a new/old/unused (unopened/stored away from sunlight) pair for the (pre 2013) Defenders

Thanks, there are two lengths, standard, and the longer classic ones, I have bought the classic ones, will test them, let you know how it goes.

GilesM

Legendary Member
@GilesM

Thanks

Curiously, l did see one with a longer pair whilst out on the bike at dinner-time

I should have ordered the car with the long mud flaps when I bought it, but at the time I had no plans for the caravan, just very happy I did opt for an electrically deployed towbar. I am also getting more into proper off roading, so will fit some permanent recovery eyes to the back, as with the mud flaps, it's a rear bumper off job, obvious thing is to do both at the same time, will send pictures when finished.
Next trip with the caravan is a week today, if the weather stays good I could be looking for a ford to test the mud flaps.

We are planning to meet up with a group of Mink owners, looking forward to it, will post some pictures.

@GilesM
From a cursory glance, at that Defender, they did seem that the old problems from the 'classic' shape will still be an issue

That is; reversing up high kerbs/rock-steps/tree-branches may trap them & rip them away from the mountings, as the trailing edge gets trapped between it & the tyre
If I knew I'd be in those situations, with (any of) mine, I'd hold the flaps up, with a bungee-cord into one of the many the cross-member bolt-holes

This isn't mine, but this was the idea
Note the non-standard bracket, this driver does it frequently (I just drilled holes in mine!!!)

ics%2f11337%2fLand+Rover+Mud+Flaps+22feb10+005+LBR.jpg

GilesM

Legendary Member
@GilesM
From a cursory glance, at that Defender, they did seem that the old problems from the 'classic' shape will still be an issue

That is; reversing up high kerbs/rock-steps/tree-branches may trap them & rip them away from the mountings, as the trailing edge gets trapped between it & the tyre
If I knew I'd be in those situations, with (any of) mine, I'd hold the flaps up, with a bungee-cord into one of the many the cross-member bolt-holes

I am a wee bit concerned about the problem you mention, although the New Defender classic mud flaps don't seem to be as big as the original Classics. Will see how they look once fitted, I do have the air suspension may need to remember to switch to off road height when reversing up anything like a big kerb. The new ones are more rigid than the originals, I'm hoping this will help.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That’s a decent quote , sold mine but I was expecting it to be northwards of £500 again this year . Another reason for getting rid ! The costs of owning didn’t add up !

If I’m honest I preferred caravanning when it was old cheap vans ! Once you buy a fancy new one , you just worry about it ! So much so that when the panoramic window cracked last summer just sitting in storage , the decision was easy !

Top Bottom