The Sony Action Cam AS10/ AS15 review and users thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I've just ordered myself a Sony AS10, I was about to go for the AS15 but I thought that the extra £20 would be better spent on some spare batteries.

Camera was £149.99 + 2 spare batteries + a spare charger for £10.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
Well i have moved mine onto the top bar now, you can only just see the front of my brake lever in the picture so i will see how that goes....not had chance to review my commutes yet as camera seems to keep turning itself off within a minute of switching it on and recording...(its not the auto off as it happens when recording)..it could be that the battery is loose in cradle so i will pack it out a little to see if that eliminates the problem....if not its going back for a replacement. :thumbsdown:

D

Deleted member 20519

I've had some fogging issues with the camera, what do I do? It seems to fog up after about 30 mins, it was warm today as well!

Also, is there any way to make the camera beeps louder? I can barely hear when I'm recording while sitting in my house nevermind in traffic!

BSRU

A Human Being
I've had some fogging issues with the camera, what do I do? It seems to fog up after about 30 mins, it was warm today as well!

Also, is there any way to make the camera beeps louder? I can barely hear when I'm recording while sitting in my house nevermind in traffic!
I solved the fogging issue by buying some silica packs and storing the camera in an airtight container with a silica pack. You can buy some Sony anti-fog sheets but I do not know how effective they are.
The beeps are very quiet, not much you can do about it.

D

Deleted member 20519

I'll try the sillica gel things, thanks. Does anyone else know how to stop that awful whistling noise while cycling along? When I watch back my footage all I hear is a whistle and wind.

Not pleased with this cam so far :sad:

OP
OP
Rezillo

Rezillo

TwoSheds
I drilled four small holes in the case front, just in front of the microphone position, and one in the base of the case at the rear. I then glued some small plugs of acoustic foam in the front holes. The result is a case that is now only shower-proof but it does stop the fogging and it improves the sound (but not as much as I hoped).

I don't get a whistle, though, before or after the above.

D

Deleted member 20519

You can hear it slightly here

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uXPkdrHHfY

It tends to happen at higher speeds (20+mph)

paulw1969

Ridley rider
I drilled three small holes near the bottom of the case horizontally which stops fogging and unless I was to dunk the whole setup in a bucket it should not get wet. I tried drilling a couple of smaller holes in the front of the case but wind whistle was terrible even at lower speeds so taped these back up. I do get better sound through the side holes than before.....might try some foam in the smaller holes at the front again now as Rezillo suggests

D

Deleted member 20519

I do plan to use the camera under and near water so I'm not to keen on drilling through the case, I'm removed the rubber ring from around the door so I think that should let some air in/out to stop it fogging up.

D

Deleted member 20519

Oh yeah, I'm really impressed with the quality by the way. I love 1080p mode with the big 170 degree lens!

paulw1969

Ridley rider
Yes I have formatted it in camera already. We'll see as an on the road test will tell. The card is a 32gig sandisk grade 10 so hopefully wont be the card!

Well I turned the camera on this morning....made sure it was working timer counting red light at back on.....got two minutes down the road and discovered it had stopped.......turned on again and it recorded for the remaining 20 minutes or so of my commute.....no footage had been saved before the discovery...so strange one this. The whole of the return trip this afternoon recorded........something is not right.....I will try deleting the files rather than reformatting the card and see if this makes a difference.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
I do plan to use the camera under and near water so I'm not to keen on drilling through the case, I'm removed the rubber ring from around the door so I think that should let some air in/out to stop it fogging up.

if push comes to shove you can get spare covers..............personally I prefer 120 degrees as the 170 seems too fisheye for my personal taste when watching it back.

Top Bottom