The Stray Cat that's made himself at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Early last year I had to let my beloved 16/17 year old Jack Russell go to my ex wife because it would not of been fair on keeping her home all day by herself whilst I'm at work..It was a hard decision as i knew from then on, I would never see the dog again ,but I had to put the dog's wellbeing before my feelings. For a good few months the house was really quiet ,now it was minus a wife and dog , then one evening this cat appeared from no where.
I'm not really a cat lover , but this cat was looking a right old sorry sight. He was soaking wet, undernourished, and was in pretty bad condition. I couldn't just turf him out ,and he's now taken residence with me. He's now put some decent bulk on him and after an intense treatment to get rid of his friends (fleas) he,s now a different cat.
As far as cat's go , he's got some funny habits. On a Friday night he usually follows me down to the pub. No matter what I do to send him back he just ignores me and follows me to the pubs door or enjoys an evening in the beer garden with me. He's very placid and has never shown any aggression ,but he's a real fiesty bugger..I've lost count of rats, squirrels, and pigeons he's caught and dropped off by the back door step.Tonight was quite funny. I called him back and his ears are pin sharp. I called once and could hear him in the far distant meowing just letting me know his coming. He appeared out if the woods and then jumped over a series of garden fences. The last garden though was being patrolled by the neighbours dog. The cat put the dog straight though and gave him a good hiding before coming in for his dinner. I've grown quite attached to him now and couldn't imagine him not being around.
:=)

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
His name and a photo please.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cats know stuff !
I met this little tinker a few years ago when my 20 year old cat died .

26118205404_a3c04917b7_z.jpg

She just lives in my house now .

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
We've had quite a few cats but never by choice, always either a stray or a friend "your cat has just died have this one instead".

My favourite was Chairman Miaow, a stray who I fed when doing a shop renovation and after a few days just jumped in my car and came home with me. On the way home he sat on my lap with his paws on the steering wheel looking out. It seemed adorable at the time rather than recklessly dangerous.

Current cats are total bastards but earn their keep by eating Aldi dried food and needing no veterinary assistance whatsoever, probably because they know they wouldn't get any asides from some bootleg pentobarbital. One has taken to sleeping on my wife's pillow which is cute to her but sodding annoying when I get woken up with bastard cat sneezing in my face. Although of course cats are very difficult to hate although it is entirely acceptable to throw heavy objects at them when they try to crap in the garden.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's a stray cat that lives in this place. His name's Blacky and he's been here,living outside in a little shelter for 6 years,so i've been told. My goal is to get him to come to me to be stroked,as i've been told he hasn't been within a yard of anyone since he arrived. I tempted him with a piece of chicken this afternoon. He got close then ran off when i put my hand out to stroke him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom