The Sun Newspaper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

apollo179

Anyone seen the Sun newspaper today? page 21! Shocking! :ohmy: Headline is Cyclist in battering.

Ive not seen it.
I would not see it because i would not read the sun.
I would definitely never buy the sun.
edit
Remember Hillsborough.
Never buy the sun !

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

A newspaper is a newspaper, some better than others and some not as good! Its the story i was getting at anyway not the bloody paper.

Care to expand on the headline??

Being the sun it could be anything form a Cyclist being beaten senseless to lycra clad fish fryer down the local chippy

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

Sorry OFF! It says A driver (ALLEGEDLY) battered a cyclist with a hammer 15 times for pedalling too slowly. The motorist could not pass the rider aged 60,as he wobbled up a hill against a strong wind! Police (ALLEGE) he nudged the cyclist with his vauxhall Nova then took a hammer from the boot to hit him about the head and body. The victim was taken to hospital but was not seriously hurt, was in fine spirits. It was a young lad (20) hence the Nova! Been charged and released on bail.

ohnovino

Large Member
Road.cc had a link to that story in a local paper - the focus of that report seemed to be on the cyclist not wearing a helmet.

billy1561

BB wrecker
Ive not seen it.
edit
Remember Hillsborough.
Never buy the sun !

It's off topic but..
+1

david1701

Ive not seen it.
edit
Remember Hillsborough.
Never buy the sun !

whats the score with remember Hillsborough here? I guess you mean the stands collapsing 'Hillsborough Disaster' but how are the sun involved?

PedAntics

Regular
whats the score with remember Hillsborough here? I guess you mean the stands collapsing 'Hillsborough Disaster' but how are the sun involved?

http://en.wikipedia....e_Sun_newspaper

Hope that clarifies your query.

:sad::wacko: What's the country coming to?

Some parts of society have little regard for people or property, sad but true. Unfortunately it would appear cyclists are fair game on the road. I've twice had passengers lean out of passing vehicles attempting, or so it seemed, to push me from my road bike. On neither occasion was I impeding the traffic. Hopefully the purpetrator will be suitably punished, however it'll probably not be as severe as most would like.

Top Bottom