The Swallows Nest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Congratulations @User9609 ....Not counting the chickens...

I'm looking forward to the pics of the chicks :popcorn:

You've got chickens?

doughnut

Veteran
Sorry, should have put a link in. Rule 12 in the Velominati (http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ ) sayshttp://www.velominati.com/the-rules/#12

The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.

While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

Maybe there is a Swallominati somewhere that the birds are following ^_^

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Glad to have been wrong about the aluminium ladder sucking the heat out, Congratulations. :biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Here's one I found nesting on an outside light of a cafe in Northern Spain recently. Sadly I wasn't able to stay long. Parents were working over time to feed and the chicks would rotate to stick their bum over the edge to poop. 3 chicks but only two in shot.

P6202079.JPG

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
[QUOTE 3771629, member: 9609"]I think they are ready to fledge at any moment, they may have already been out of the nest - Swallows are one of very few species of bird that ever go back to the nest once they have left it.[/QUOTE]
Interesting @User9609. They were certainly "fully formed and feathered". During the 30 - 40 mins I was there they didn't attempt flight. The one you can't see was smaller - but it was getting fed :okay: Almost time for brood two now.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 3772865, member: 9609"]I don't know, but at a guess 30mm long[/QUOTE]
That's bigger than I expected. Our Blue Tit chicks, all dead alas, looked to be half that size. Mind you, their eggs were smaller than an old-fashioned marble. I hope your little birds flourish. Please keep posting the photos.

Top Bottom