The Tandem Men - World Circumnavigation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
It's a nice website, but it's a real shame there's hardly any content really. They've been on the road for 71 days, covered the whole of Europe, yet I've been able to read the entire blog start to finish while eating an egg salad.

Hopefully they'll get more into writing up their experiences as time goes on.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't think blogging is high on their priorities. Be nice if it was ... but it's their journey.

Latest from FB that their bike has survived the flight from Tbilisi to Mumbai relatively unscathed.

Mile195

Veteran
I don't think blogging is high on their priorities. Be nice if it was ... but it's their journey.

Latest from FB that their bike has survived the flight from Tbilisi to Mumbai relatively unscathed.
No - I expect it's not. Shame though, because it would get more people to engage with them, probably result in more donations, and also when they are old and can't remember any of the detail any more, they'd probably be very glad they'd taken the time to write it down.

Like you say though, it is indeed their journey. I'll check their latest blog post a bit later... since I have another egg salad at work with me.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They've just got into Kuala Lumpur. In the meantime they have launched a poll to have their bike officially named. They weren't too chuffed with the result: Bikey McBikeface, so are still using the original name of Daisy.

They are planning an oil change for the Rohloff as it's now due after clocking up 10,000km.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Tandem duo - including Hunstanton man - a third of the way through 18,000-mile trip

image.jpg

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They've hooked up with a sports media guy who has made a very slick video about them. Or rather, he's made very slick video about himself, which happens to have them in it occasionally.

Not so much a circumnavigation as a series of selected long rides....

Yeah, the "circumnavigation" bit is a bit artificial. They mention some rather arcane rules that they have to comply with about making up distance elsewhere to compensate for countries that they couldn't visit and only miles in a particular direction "counting". It's an interesting enough adventure whatever they call it.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They are back in the UK. Penultimate day's cycling after 288 days , 18,250 miles through 29 countries

Last edited:

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
As others have said, bit of a selected "world circumnavigation", surely part of the fun is seeing genuinely different countries like Iran and Pakistan. Still, their trip and I can't really criticism whilst stomping around the wilds of Oxfordshire.

Top Bottom