The Tennis..BBC2 now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
topcat1

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
What a great match

AndyRM

XOXO
I watched a bit of it, but quickly remembered how much I dislike both their styles. And their grunting, Gadz! Still, fair play to Serena for playing through a cold, that can't have been much fun.

My favourite ladies player in recent years has been Justine Henin who I always felt relied on skill and guile, rather than trying to batter her opponent off the court.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I watched a bit of it, but quickly remembered how much I dislike both their styles. And their grunting, Gadz! Still, fair play to Serena for playing through a cold, that can't have been much fun.

My favourite ladies player in recent years has been Justine Henin who I always felt relied on skill and guile, rather than trying to batter her opponent off the court.

Exactly the reason I won't watch men's tennis. Beyond boring. Women's tennis is where it's at. Love Serena though - gets the blend about right, I think ^_^

AndyRM

XOXO
Exactly the reason I won't watch men's tennis. Beyond boring. Women's tennis is where it's at. Love Serena though - gets the blend about right, I think ^_^

Fair comment, though I disagree about Serena - I feel she looks to win with a thuggish first serve most of the time.

Out of the top men's players I dislike Djokovic, Wawrinka and Nadal for their brutal approach to the game; Murray, Tsonga and Federer at their best are capable of some beautiful tennis.

Who's your shout for tomorrow? I reckon it'll be a five setter with Murray just edging it, with my optimism glasses on.

Mrs M

Guru
Switched channels because of the racket :smile: (grunting)

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Fair comment, though I disagree about Serena - I feel she looks to win with a thuggish first serve most of the time.

Out of the top men's players I dislike Djokovic, Wawrinka and Nadal for their brutal approach to the game; Murray, Tsonga and Federer at their best are capable of some beautiful tennis.

Who's your shout for tomorrow? I reckon it'll be a five setter with Murray just edging it, with my optimism glasses on.

Hope so...like you say, two different styles and hopefully Murray...else he'll have been bashed off the court in 3, most likely.

AndyRM

XOXO
Not many tennis fans on CC then!

I've not seen a collapse like that from Murray in some time. The commentary is blaming the binning of Lendl, but I'm not sure that's the reason. Djokovic got inside his head and psyched him out I reckon, and Murray even recognised what was going on but seemed powerless to stop it! Goes to show how much of the game is played mentally I suppose.

The commentators apologising for the swearing was hilarious. If you've got a camera trained on someone in a high pressure situation what do you expect they're going to say? "Dearie me, I made rather a hash of that last shot. Stiff upper lip old chap, onwards and upwards!"

Pat cash said"He has not put up a great fight. He hasn't. Don't put a rose tint on this".He had put up a great fight until he went 2-0 up in the third set and then he collapsed.To be honest in the fourth set he just looked like he had given up.
Djokovic definitely played mind games with him,looking like he was injured and then the next minute perfectly okay.This is not the first time djokovic has acted like this.
There again murray should have got on with his own game and not been distracted.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEEFi6C469k

Top Bottom