The Tennis!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Wimbledon starts tomorrow and hopefully will be another 2 weeks of great entertainment.

A couple of years ago I had the chance to watch Nadal, Murray and Serena Williams play in centre court, it was a great day out never to be forgotten. The best strawberries and cream ever ^_^

I don't see Murray with a chance this year so I hope Federer wins it, if not then Nadal.

Who would you like to win Wimbledon this year?

Alex H

Legendary Member
So it'll be raining in the South of England for the next couple of weeks then ? :whistle:

PK99

Legendary Member
So it'll be raining in the South of England for the next couple of weeks then ? :whistle:

Not an answer to you question but a related aside.....

30 years ago my brother in Zimbabwe won the Bulawayo tennis club raffle - 2 BA flights to London and 2 men's final tickets.

He immediately "banked" the flights for future use and DHL'd the tennis ticket to me. I sold them to a tout in Wimbleon Park for the then going rate (30 years ago) of £750 the pair in folding £50 notes!

ThinAir

Do more.
Looking good already... Nadal is not looking good already though... He's love 2 sets to love down to Farcis, who has NEVER beaten anyone in he top five. Gonna be interesting to watch this.

Not holding out much hope for Murray(and I don't really like him any way.... Think, "whoever England are playing" and this kind of sums him up.

I'm a bit of tennis nut, so hoping for a good championship, rounded off by watching the final and eating strawberries at the gym in a couple of weeks!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Do the linesmen/women, umpires + referees, grounds staff and ballboys/girls still volunteer while all this money is being flashed about? ...sounds like WLTC get paid a lot of money in entrance fees/ expensive food/ drink and sponsorship/TV rights, but still expect the people, who have to make it all work smoothly on the day, to work for nothing.... I suppose they get to watch some of the tennis for nothing... which is a bonus, providing they can still concentrate.

no doubt the ladies will be grunting loudly and flashing there underwear :laugh:

Which I think started with and has never been bettered by Gabriella Sabatini
Sabatini2020olC3A9-olC3A9.jpg

Top Bottom