The Tennis!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'd rather pick my nose with a screwdriver!

..... Well, ok, maybe not, but if there is any better impetous to get out on the bike over the next 2 weeks, I have yet to find it!

ASC1951

Guru
I don't see Murray with a chance this year so I hope Federer wins it, if not then Nadal.

Shock horror, Nadal out in the first round.

The man is a gentleman. An uninjured Nadal would surely have seen off Darcis fairly easily, but in his post-match interview he would have none of it. He wouldn't even blame it on playing well below his best.

brodiej

Veteran
Strange how many posts on this thread to explain how boring tennis is!

You could always just not read it.

I'm interested why no-one is fancying Murray for this - world number 2 / US Open Champion / beat Djokovic and Federer to win Olympics last time they played on grass - you've got to say he's one of the favourites (Murray/Djokovic final for me and either could win)

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Shock horror, Nadal out in the first round.

The man is a gentleman. An uninjured Nadal would surely have seen off Darcis fairly easily, but in his post-match interview he would have none of it. He wouldn't even blame it on playing well below his best.

That's right, he is a gentleman but he has learnt from his mistakes. When he was younger, maybe 5 years ago he lost in the semis of the Australian Open to Gonzales who was number 8 in the ranking. Nadal in the post match interview complained that he wasn't 100% physically for which he was criticised and rightly so because he showed no signs on any problem during the match and Gonzales was on fire and Federer was the only player to stop him in the finals.

We have been very lucky to have Federer and Nadal right at the top for so long. Class players and both real gentlemen.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And Sir's spectator sport of choice is .....?

Womans Naked Mud Wrestling :laugh:

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Strange how many posts on this thread to explain how boring tennis is!

You could always just not read it.

I'm interested why no-one is fancying Murray for this - world number 2 / US Open Champion / beat Djokovic and Federer to win Olympics last time they played on grass - you've got to say he's one of the favourites (Murray/Djokovic final for me and either could win)

The only reason why I don't think he has a chance this year is because he has been injured - he even thought he was going to miss Wimbledon. Nearly impossible to win a long tournament coming back from injury. But if it did come to a Murray / Djokovic final then I'd like Murray to win everytime. I can't get excited watching Djokovic play.

brodiej

Veteran
The only reason why I don't think he has a chance this year is because he has been injured - he even thought he was going to miss Wimbledon. Nearly impossible to win a long tournament coming back from injury. But if it did come to a Murray / Djokovic final then I'd like Murray to win everytime. I can't get excited watching Djokovic play.

Maybe - although I think with the rest his back looked in pretty good shape at Queens and yesterday - as you say 2 weeks is a long time but I think he'll be OK

He had pretty much the same injury last year on the clay and went on to play his best tennis of the year

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Maybe - although I think with the rest his back looked in pretty good shape at Queens and yesterday - as you say 2 weeks is a long time but I think he'll be OK

He had pretty much the same injury last year on the clay and went on to play his best tennis of the year

Keep fingers crossed :thumbsup:

Top Bottom