The Tennis!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThinAir

Do more.
But do you not think Federer or Djokovic have it sewn up? Normally would have added Nadal into that, but 1) he's out, and 2) his knees clearly giving him grief.... Tsonga could well be in with a shout as well this year...

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Is Evonne Goolagong in it this year?
In what? the mud wresting or the tennis?

brodiej

Veteran
But do you not think Federer or Djokovic have it sewn up? Normally would have added Nadal into that, but 1) he's out, and 2) his knees clearly giving him grief.... Tsonga could well be in with a shout as well this year...

I don't think Federer has it sown up - I think he's finally showed his age this year and isn't quite the player he was. Murray has finally beaten him in a slam and beat him over 5 sets on grass at the Olympics, so he's not scared of him.

I think it could be an outsider for a change if it isn't Murray or Djokovic.

I can't see Ferrer winning but someone like Berdych or Tsonga could.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
no doubt the ladies will be grunting loudly

Our local rag (Eastern Daily Press) covered this in today's cartoon!

EDP Cartoon.jpg

Col5632

Guru
He is Scottish though, and rightly proud of his country. I never quite understand why the English can't seem to grasp this.

It's exactly the same with the english, i know a rangers fan who wouldnt wear a kilt cause hes not scottish, hes brittish, i've since slapped him cause although he is brittish he is also scottish :laugh:

Murray is the best hope of having a brittish champion any time soon thats for sure

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
but scotland are part of great britain :thumbsup:

BOOO!! :whistle:

Brandane

Legendary Member
So the England team that are more than likely going to win The Ashes this summer aren't British?

They are English and therefore also British; but when playing cricket for England they are representing ENGLAND, not Great Britain.
When Andy Murray plays tennis at Wimbledon he is only representing Andy Murray and no specific nation, so you can take your pick whether he is Scottish or British, as he is both.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Isner is out injured after only two games.Shame the way he went but if I'm honest I don't enjoy watching his type of tennis, he bases his game on a good service and very little else in all other departments. If he wasn't so tall his service would have more merit I guess.

Dustin Brown, a qualifier, is playing the match of his life against Hewitt and keeping everybody entertained - what a refreshing player Brown is.

Top Bottom