The today's weather where you are thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Screenshot_20220814-142521_BBC Weather.jpg

Still very warm and humid here.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
In short, fabulous.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There have been warnings about taking dogs for walks in this heat. Walking dogs on hot tarmac pavements can cause burnt paws it says. On Friday I thought I'd try it out. I took my summer shoes off and walked barefoot on a tarmac path. I managed to do about 10 steps, before having to stride onto the grass verge.

I was speaking to my sister earlier. She said that people in her village are arguing about that. They are shouting at daytime dog walkers that they are being cruel to their dogs.

I found this, which seems like sensible advice...

The Kennel Club said:

How do I know if the pavement is too hot for my dog?​

The best way to tell if a pavement is too hot for your dog to walk on is to place the back of your hand on the pavement for seven seconds. If it’s too painful for your hand, then it’s too painful for your dog’s paws.

As for weather here... Sunny and hot - 29-30C! I walked to the shops in it and that was enough for me. I might nip out on my bike this evening. It will still be hot, but at least then the UV won't burn me.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Back to the normal Scottish weather: it has been raining non stop since yesterday afternoon.
I'm OK with this, couldn't keep up any longer with watering my garden!

GuyBoden

Guru
I had a fantastic ride in the rain yesterday, after recent rides in scorching heat, I was so happy. ^_^

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No (not desperately needed) rain here yet, but I'm sure it'll arrive soon and last for weeks... and beyond.:rolleyes: It was very warm yesterday aft', but it cooled off about 6pm and was quite cool and breezy at 8pm.:cold:

Top Bottom