The Tractor and machinery thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
As there seems to be a lot of interest in tractors etc. here could be the place to post pics and discuss various farm based pics of machinery. With, or without, a bike!

Let me start off with an old photo of me c1976 harvesting dates in the Jordan Valley with a 194? Massey Ferguson tractor in the background.

🚜

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

And me aloft a dodgy old Cherry Picker..

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
1586163551120.jpeg

My old Gnasher, doing winter work. Only 2WD, but pretty nimble with a Norse four tonne winch on the back. And I can pull her out of any bog with her wire rope. She is called Gnasher, but she is definitely a “she”. Dont ask me why. I can almost hear @mudsticks galloping along to complain about gendering tractors, but I bet hers is a bloke!
There is a thesis to be had here. Much like the one I have been mulling over about ”haircut style and type of bicycle” that I am currently doing active research for in various roadsides and backroads.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
View attachment 512926

My old Gnasher, doing winter work. Only 2WD, but pretty nimble with a Norse four tonne winch on the back. And I can pull her out of any bog with her wire rope. She is called Gnasher, but she is definitely a “she”. Dont ask me why. I can almost hear @mudsticks galloping along to complain about gendering tractors, but I bet hers is a bloke!
There is a thesis to be had here. Much like the one I have been mulling over about ”haircut style and type of bicycle” that I am currently doing active research for in various roadsides and backroads.

Ahem, I never gallop.. :rolleyes:

I canter at a controllable pace.

I've ended up in enough ditches to know better than that.

Currently experiencing some real-world hydraulic issues.

Back with the tedious details later.. :blink:

Maybe.

Meanwhile.

Phwooarrr.. Look at the discs on that.. :rolleyes:

Edit.. Course she's not a boy..
She's a reliable, and uncomplaining workhorse..

anothersam

SMIDSMe
uEKcF8P.jpg

Feed me hay yum.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Lucky girl!! I see they've progressed to a padded seat by 1959, or is that an add on?
The one I drove had a metal seat that, believe me, got quite warm once it'd been sitting in the sunshine when the temp was about 40c 😂

View attachment 512942

This is why I have one of these..

A hand loomed, fleece seat pad..
La di da..

No cold / damp/ overheated derriere for me :okay:

The original seat, actually disintegrated, this is an old plastic village hall chair. rachet strapped to the original fixings.

Top Bottom