The Transcontinental Race 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
zibi1.jpg

Kristof Allegaert now has a 250kms tap-in to get to HIStanbul. Here's a picture from his sponsor's web page...just for fun.

There is another interesting link here. :smile:

Go Rimas!

frank9755

Cyclist
Yes - thank goodness!
Balaton must have looked great last night during the thunderstorm! Let's hope he now heads south-east and sweeps down towards Belgrade. He missed Slovenia; will he also miss out Croatia?

He has now entered Turkey

That's the sort of thing one does at Christmas I hear. As a race, he's given everyone else a stuffing for sure!
OK Rimas, we all agree that you had a lovely spot to sleep in last night...now, to the task in hand; get your waterproofs on and skedaddle SouthEast and ride with invigoration towards your next target - JJCale, MW/LW/VHF,and EPO...
Go Rimas!

Does the committee think that Allegaert will blast through Turque in the shortest possible time, or camp up, and enter the city for a splendiforous fry-up tomorrow morning? He obviously got word that I had him down to stop pedalling about Sunday evening etc - definitely a red rag to an Istanbul.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When's the last day? Next weekend?
Maybe he'd rather make a tour of it than spend a week in Istanbul.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
I'd guess that Rimas is heading to Szeged then likely Arad, Lugoj and through the foot hills to Orșova.

" Hello everyone following 'Transcontinental Race 2013' - what a majestic exploit...and a race to boot! Stay tune for further sensible comment as soon as Abs, Frank and Rich get their heads together. I will provide the adverts inbetween. I thang you."
Go Rimas! Come on Transcontinental!
CycleChat: Worldwide Broadcasting Co. Ltd plc.
"We turn your daily grind into fun in the sun!"
fortean_times_11914_7.jpg

Mikko & Anton have zipped past the ferry crossing, so that's my speculation up the spout...they are pressing on, and it looks like a five person tour down the Italian's leg...so far. Although IF and perhaps DK are doing the 'EP manoeuvre', and hitting the coast before turning sharp left..?
JJ is now setting a tidy pace - in hot pursuit of RD, who is only about 180kms ahead. <cough>. On the map, the trio look nice and tight, but there's a 30-40km gap between them. Reality is just no fun sometimes. :smile:
Go Rimas! (Although you are heading into some cooking temperature weather, so be careful! It's quite chilly in Kristanbul! :cold:)

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
My bets are that they'll be getting the ferry from Bari but I couldn't guess if they'd go to Albania or Greece. Greece has a huge direct road straight off the ferry that cuts right through the country but it's horrible a bit like riding the length of the A10. :crazy:

Top Bottom