The turn of nightmares!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Someone should shoot the guy with the cowbell :laugh:.

GrasB

Veteran
Is it the white paint that's causing them to skid?
Not so much the white paint but the surface change. All the primary fallers lose the back wheel, except for for the one who loses the front at turn in, on the transition to or from a white line. My thought is they're running too high a tyre pressure (which very common for people on narrow tyres to do) & they momentarily lose grip & can't catch the bike.

The rider who lost the tail and caught it again now has footage to prove that he did so... and in a race, too.

I was amused by the marshal waving a red flag (or what looked red). I've never seen a criterium. Is this an acknowledged warning sign or was he just waving his arms around because it looked scary? Serious question, stupidly couched.

Jon2

Looks like they're all on fixed wheel bikes, could have been pedal strike knocking them over.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Yes it is a Redbull hook Crit in Brooklyn Naval yard. Damn you think after the 1st round of carnage people would learn to back off a bit on that corner. Poor bastards in the crowd really got a face full of racer....ouch.

Top Bottom