The Tyre Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Nope not seeing it. They suggest that Electric cars are good and use that as an argument that SVs are cancelling out Electrics in terms of reducing carbon savings. They then talk about air pollution which electric cars don't generate. They talk about SUVs being dangerous when electrics are safer. Then they tell you to deflate them as well...

While I do think that the Tyre Extinguishers are a bunch of nobheads, your analysis above is utter cobblers.

They suggest that Electric cars are good No they don't. They suggest the opposite (not enough rare earths etc)

They then talk about air pollution which electric cars don't generate. No they don't. They talk about air pollution that electric cars do generate (PM 2.5 - electrics are no cleaner/not much cleaner on particulate emissions).

So they come to the conclusion that electric cars are fair game. Their logic is OK. I think their actions are futile and possibly counterproductive mind.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
All cars are polluting whatever their size or power source.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I can't believe that the actions of the eco warriors have actually converted anyone to their cause. I can believe that they've driven a significant number away from it.

I've seen some claim that at least it gets people talking about it, but generally, that's after a TV interview with one of the ever changing spokes people, that make absolute fools of themselves, and it is their ignorance and idiocy that's being talked about.

I disagree.

The climate agenda has never been in the news so much since Extinction Rebellian started their protests. The fact that it is in the news makes people become aware and as such think about changing their actions.

Insulate Britain is another one. No one was mentioning insulation until they started protesting. Now it's being discussed on the news and as a potential solution to he cost of living crisis.

It might be all a coincidence though. But I'm not sure that many people have started using more energy and fossil fuels because of the protests as an anti-protest-protest so fair play to them.

And they have converted me. I don't protest but now I am far more environmentally friendly that I was before I was aware of the severity of the climate crisis.

icowden

Veteran
Where did they say they're good? They've only said that they have one advantage - making some carbon savings. Sadly, in the real world SUV purchases have wiped that out. They then expand on the overwhelming problems with electric (lithium, safety etc etc ...).

They use them as a direct comparison on their paragraph titled SUVs are a climate disaster. Why would you compare something you think is bad with something you think is just as bad?

Brandane

Legendary Member
'How on earth will the lentilistas recognise genuinely antisocial vehicle choices?!' bleat the SUV drivers.

Meanwhile, in our communities...

View attachment 644439

It's rare that I find myself in agreement with you claud, but on this occasion I am outraged. The owner of the Dolce Vita must be held to account for all those unnecessary bright lights wasting electricity. If I knew where it was I would go straight round there and glue myself to their front door.

D

Deleted member 26715

Insulate Britain is another one. No one was mentioning insulation until they started protesting. Now it's being discussed on the news and as a potential solution to he cost of living crisis.
I've never heard of this one, is it a throwback from Brexit, or was that Isolate Britain?

Brandane

Legendary Member
So you supported the protests against private jets? Yes?

You keep asking different posters this, or a similarly worded question.
Just because someone doesn't approve of something, doesn't mean they have to take to the streets and protest, or generally make nuisances of themselves in their quest for attention.

I stated early in this thread that I'm not overly keen on SUV's in general, but that doesn't mean I am rabidly anti SUV or that I am going to make an arse of myself by wasting my time protesting about something which, for now, is perfectly legal. Did I mention "live and let live"?

You keep asking different posters this, or a similarly worded question.

And there is a reason: people keep criticising certain protestors because "why don't they pick on <X> <Y> <Z> etc "; but I bet they stayed silent when there WERE protests against those things! It's utterly transparent, just an excuse to criticise something that they are irrationally pi55ed about!

Same with the "hearts and minds" bullsh1te; that's not a reason to criticise a protest, it's just an excuse.

And that, my friend, is why I'm repeatedly pointing it out. It's getting boring, but don't blame me!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why don't they pick on container ships, eh? eh? I don't see those illogical losers letting the tyres down on them. It's double standards.

I rest my case. I think that means I've won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom