The Tyre Extinguishers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Houses. Now there's a thing. How long before misguided eco-terrorists get all shouty about people who buy houses that are too big for them. Two people in a 3 bedroom house? Selfish. Think of the extra building materials, energy to heat it, the space it occupies.... Let's go round and protest. And that garden, it's far too big. Who actually NEEDS a garden anyway?
Where does it all end?

I can't believe that the actions of the eco warriors have actually converted anyone to their cause. I can believe that they've driven a significant number away from it.

I've seen some claim that at least it gets people talking about it, but generally, that's after a TV interview with one of the ever changing spokes people, that make absolute fools of themselves, and it is their ignorance and idiocy that's being talked about.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Tow my horse box, take my caravan on tour . Can fit the family and both mothers in it. Saves taking two cars ! We don’t all live in the city and quite frankly I’m glad I don’t , so couldn’t care less . :okay:
You've said what you want to do, but ignored the other bit about why everyone else should bear the costs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Who is everyone else :rolleyes: ? What Cost ? I pay plenty trust me ? My gas guzzler will be replaced in good time , and probably for something a bit more fuel efficient however I’ll decide that nobody else !

I've seen some claim that at least it gets people talking about it,

Have you seen any significant causes move forward without people talking about them? Without publicity?
(In fact I'd probably suggest nothing significant has been changed in society without somebody grumbling about it. Drink-driving, smoking in pubs, speed limits, racial discrimination laws ... the list is probably longer than this thread ...

Have you seen any significant causes move forward without people talking about them? Without publicity?
(In fact I'd probably suggest nothing significant has been changed in society without somebody grumbling about it. Drink-driving, smoking in pubs, speed limits, racial discrimination laws ... the list is probably longer than this thread ...

The point being, on those examples, they talked of the issues, on the eco ones, they talk about silly people being anti-social. They're actually working to the benefit of their opponents.

... which is in itself, rather interesting.

It's fair to say I've noticed a pattern in anti-protest critics.

Obviously, you're quite at liberty to try to make assumptions based on your own prejudice and assumptions and then argue with yourself on those you make, but I'd be grateful if you didn't bother me with them. Ta. :okay:

I'll have a look back later to see if you're still trying to change the subject, or if you've actually decided to comment on the actual point I made. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom