The ultimate bike shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Or maybe...

Invent a table that is also a bike stand. And no one thinks you're weird for bringing the bike into the warm and dry instead of leaving the poor thing suffering outside... :blush:

Dan77

Going to need a bigger shop!

Yes. Ideally the shop should be on a national cycle route. No need for it to be in a city centre but being close to one would boost the number of customers. Being on a route would make you a logical meeting point/stop off point for a large number of riders. Being outside the city would enable a cost effective large space. Barn conversion type affair perhaps with nice views.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
If it sells lots of cake, I'm in.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
When one of us can afford to set up an awesome but probably unprofitable business for pure enjoyment.

That's called a hobby not a business, and in order to be able to indulge in it you need to be successful at some activity which is commercially viable otherwise you won't have either the cash or spare time!

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
See, now you say that but a friend ran a pay what you think it is worth cafe. My, how we scoffed at the idea. She did very well and only very rarely did someone not pay. Interestingly they paid near on what other places charged.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
There was one of these fabled bike shop / cafe / hangout spot / lounge hybrids near me, but it folded 2 years ago. It was in a well off town too... although it's a lovely idea, something about that model seems to never quite work out. I think the cafe side of these ventures never do very well, non-cyclists keep away because well, it's a bike shop, and cyclists alone can't keep a cafe busy all day long. That one only ever seemed busier around mid day.

Top Bottom