The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Very nice, though I prefer the later oblong headlights. Mine is somewhat less shiny than that one, but does have more sensible wheels on.

In other news, the PCV and turbo gaskets have arrived for the 'R', now waiting for some better weather to be laying under a car in...

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Seen another S60 for sale locally, this one a T5 so 250 ponies. Im not really a car man, so why the strange twitching in the Y front region whenever an S60R or T5 comes up for sale?

Perhaps I am a closet car man but the tightfisted gene within me is only interested in budget grunt?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Seen another S60 for sale locally, this one a T5 so 250 ponies. Im not really a car man, so why the strange twitching in the Y front region whenever an S60R or T5 comes up for sale?

Perhaps I am a closet car man but the tightfisted gene within me is only interested in budget grunt?

I share the tightfisted gene, which is why my cars seem to be cheap and come with problems...

Wednesday 29th

Methley Road
Castleford

21D1B607-647F-4C98-9BAE-710155C35E4F.jpeg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I appear to have accidentally bought a P3 V70 D5 SE Lux. I'm a sucker for a deal...

57 plate, early 2008.

68,000 miles.

2 owners.

About 2/3 history.

After some sucking of air through teeth I bagged it for £2800. Not sure how I am going to break it to the missus, particularly as this is in addition to the XC90, but I fancied a project...

Been round it this morning and addressed all the minor niggles, bulbs, wipers, a good clean. Ill order a belt set and get thst done over the next week or so.

Only real niggle are the seats. Greyish beige leather, in very good order, but for some reason the seats have been repainted in cream. Now lesther painting is fine if done well, but this hasn't and its flaking like a leper with dandruff. The original surface underneath is excellent so I have no idea why theyve done this. Its coming off, butnits slow going and I anticipate many weeks until its done and I can clean and ckndition the leather. I may try some non caustic paint remover on an inconspicuous area, see if that can speed things along.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Just had an idea. It's a wagon so Mrs D can take the dog out without messing up her car. Yeah, that might work.

Even better, she receives higher rate PIP mobility element, so if I register it in her name the car tax is zilch.

Looks like things are coming up Drago today!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I increasingly fancy a 240. I must be getting old:ohmy:
Oi! I resemble that remark:laugh: I love my 240 estate, as long as you can accept them for what they are they make a fab all round motor. Mines one of the last being a 1993 model, and it is Volvo's most successful car ever with a 19 year run and 2.7 million being built. I'm also a fan of the replacement 850/V70, so my Torsnow has a '98 V70 R stablemate. Like @Drago I'm a sucker for a deal (and also, it seems, have an understanding better half:smile:)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Just had an idea. It's a wagon so Mrs D can take the dog out without messing up her car. Yeah, that might work.

Even better, she receives higher rate PIP mobility element, so if I register it in her name the car tax is zilch.

Looks like things are coming up Drago today!

View attachment 624201
Looks tidy. You could have had my Phase 1 'R' for similar money though;)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I bought itmon a whim, will do a few jobs and with thar mileage should be able to flip it with a bit of profit.

Id really like a 144, early 244 or a Rover P6. 740/760 turbos occasionaly pop up and I could be persuaded into one of them. A 780 would be sublime, but try finding one for pocket money :sad:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Now I'm not 100%, but pretty sure Volvo coolant is green, not brown like hot chocolate:laugh: Had an hour on the 'R' this afternoon and drained the coolant, did one flush and then filled with leftover unbranded coolant. Radiator hose coolant drop only gets rid of about 50% on the 7 litre capacity, and no time for doing the block drain too. Had to play safe and get some antifreeze in for the next few nights of cold weather.

Top Bottom