The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Bloody hope so, or it's still out there somewhere :laugh:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Off to look at one of my all time must have cars today, Phase 1 V70R. An early FWD auto, pre-fly by wire throttle version.
Christ, you must have big balls and a hairy chest to handle a car with that kind testosterone level! We will need pics :okay:

Cleaned my XC90 today, desmegged it after its run down to kent. Did the alloys with ACF50.

Tailgate struts getting a bit lazy now the temperature has dropped, so new ones ordered.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have owned lots of them, but that was back when they were proper Volvo's, even had a boat once with a Volve engine, but for the life of me I cannot remember what it was.
I had a Westerly Centaur with a 2 pot Volvo Penta engine. Had to be hand started and you really needed 3 hands to get going from cold.
Dreadful thing and when I sold the boat the new owner told me later it made a good mooring block as it was also extremely heavy.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Christ, you must have big balls and a hairy chest to handle a car with that kind testosterone level! We will need pics :okay:

Cleaned my XC90 today, desmegged it after its run down to kent. Did the alloys with ACF50.

Tailgate struts getting a bit lazy now the temperature has dropped, so new ones ordered.
Any news ?

It's on the drive:smile: Its a bit of a modern feel compared to the 240, even though it's 23 years old. Takes me back, my first Volvo was a'98 V70 in 2.5 10v form, so comfortable and sloow. This one is not quite as comfortable, and certainly not slow....

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, youll get gome from work a lot earlier now! :laugh:

From my files

Fleur De Lys Classic Vehicle Show
Thornes Park
Wakefield
Friday 6th July 2018

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
That looks very tidy.

I'm showing the better side. Passenger door has a decent dent, but no broken paint so should be within the realms of the 'dent man'. Likewise rear passenger door. Otherwise it's actually in reasonably good condition with sensible mileage (138k) so not starship territory. Got no time at the moment so it will just sit on the driveway for a good few weeks before I get around to it. The 240 has the hump and thanked me for buying a Swedish stablemate by having a flat tyre...

Top Bottom