The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I might sign up to the Volvo forums. Im edging ever closer to 150k miles, so will pay to join for the year when the time comes to get the bronze high mileage badge.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm sure I've seen that on Volvoforums being discussed - worth a search if you're serious.

I'm a VOC member and can't find it on any of the usual forums, would appreciate a link if you have one? I've been in touch with a few questions and sounds OK so far, MOT history suggests it needs some mechanicals but I'm a happy spanner monkey. I think it's nearly at it's money already though..

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I might sign up to the Volvo forums. Im edging ever closer to 150k miles, so will pay to join for the year when the time comes to get the bronze high mileage badge.

Blimey, do Volvo owners regard 150k miles as high mileage?

That's barely run in for some Fords.

My mate's Focus is close to 250k.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Blimey, do Volvo owners regard 150k miles as high mileage?

That's barely run in for some Fords.

My mate's Focus is close to 250k.
Not really, that'll be why it's only a bronze badge:okay: Mine is only on 183k at the moment, with the Capri some way behind at 129k.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. 150k is the bronze introductory badge. 250k is the silver, 500 the gold.

The highest mileage car by a comfortable margin is a Volvo, Irv Gordon's olde P1800 at 3.2 million miles. The second highest mileage car is a ...Volvo 245 at over 2 million miles (that should please @cosmicbike ). There are 6 cars in the US VOC alone with over 1 million miles apiece.

Depending on who you believe (some sources claim Mercedes) Volvo cars are the longest lived with an average lifespan of 20.7 years. Ford don't get close to these records.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
Indeed. 150k is the bronze introductory badge. 250k is the silver, 500 the gold.

The highest mileage car by a comfortable margin is a Volvo, Irv Gordon's olde P1800 at 3.2 million miles. The second highest mileage car is a ...Volvo 245 at over 2 million miles (that should please @cosmicbike ). There are 6 cars in the US VOC alone with over 1 million miles apiece.

Depending on who you believe (some sources claim Mercedes) Volvo cars are the longest lived with an average lifespan of 20.7 years. Ford don't get close to these records.
I met Irv Gordon a few years ago - he told some great tales of his time in the P1800.

Hicky

Guru
Guy Martin last night destroyed a perfectly good(subjective at best:hyper:) Volvo....errrr ok a few to race in Sweden. I love watching him

Top Bottom