The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Guy Martin last night destroyed a perfectly good(subjective at best:hyper:) Volvo....errrr ok a few to race in Sweden. I love watching him

Oi, nowt wrong with a 240 estate, mine does me proud. Mind you, both the ones he picked up were probably best for the banger track. I hope he kept the bulk of the stuff he stripped though, most of it is very hard to get hold of now.

Hicky

Guru
Oi, nowt wrong with a 240 estate, mine does me proud. Mind you, both the ones he picked up were probably best for the banger track. I hope he kept the bulk of the stuff he stripped though, most of it is very hard to get hold of now.
I’m sure yours does. The one he had was less than good and the second he bought was carp for the price.
It didn’t mention where the surplus stuff went, knowing him he kept it. I bet he’s a hoarder

I might sign up to the Volvo forums. Im edging ever closer to 150k miles, so will pay to join for the year when the time comes to get the bronze high mileage badge.
A chap l know used to run a ‘N’ (95?) Astra estate as a ‘black & white’ taxi
Him, his brother & a mutual friend drove it
He sold it on, when it got too old for ‘B&W’ legislation (5 years, for Wakefield Council?)

it was running on the Isuzu 1.7TD, & he sold it to a minicab driver, with over 370,000 miles showing!

EDIT @ 14:50
I've seen him today, & asked him about this
The mini-cabber put another (almost) 150,000miles on it, before it was hit by a truck

Brian attributed the long-life (in his hands) to preventative maintenance & regular oil-changes

Last edited:

Hicky

Guru
Can anyone recommend a scrapyard(pref Volvo related)?
I need a few bits to spruce up the old girl.......if anyone needs Nissan parts "Just Nissan" in the NW is a reasonable place.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I cant stand bim. Hes never done me any harm, bit he just gets on my nips on the telly.
I saw him in a MacDonalds in Leith once. The thing that struck me from across the restaurant was just how white his teeth were. I mean WHITE!!! Almost fluorescent. Checked with Google when I got home and yes, they're false. He's lost them all in various accidents and replaced them with STUPENDOUSLY WHITE GNASHERS!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Poster on Forum spells fluorescent correctly shocker. Am impressed :cheers:

(Cocks Maccy Ds mind :laugh:)

Guy Martin's very much influenced by his social awkwardness associated with Asperger's, I think, but at his core he's a working-class bloke who likes mechanical stuff (a Fred Dibnah for our Age, perhaps?).

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I need a few bits to spruce up the old girl.......if anyone needs Nissan parts "Just Nissan" in the NW is a reasonable place.
These folks have enormous premises rammed full of olde Volvos, and a reasonable rep...

http://www.lakes4volvo.co.uk/

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

Ashley Classics and Retros have done well for me in the past. Based just outside Manchester Airport.

Venod

Eh up
I took this pic for the classic trucks thread.

Volvo.jpg

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
That's all that's likely to stir, mind:

• Power: 125 hp (93 kW) at 4200 rpm
    117 hp (87.2 kW) at 4000 rpm for the military editions
  • Torque: 224 N⋅m (165 lb⋅ft) at 2500 rpm
The weediness is strong on this one, given it weighs as much a Barnstaple.

Top Bottom