The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I've never had any issues with corrosion on our Volvos, but there's something about the cleanliness of Japanese cars that's very appealing I agree.

There's a sparkling Ocean Race on Autotrader at the moment.

Probably one of the ones I'm looking at. Had an Ocean Race XC90 and loved the colour.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
How about an 850 wagon Cosmic? Some good ones about for minor money, big choice of spec and engines, neo classic status already thrust well up them.

As with the V70, I'd love an 'R'. Trouble is in 850 guise they are not cheap for a good one, and SWMBO want to be newer than that, so I think the latest I could get away with would be a Phase 2 or 3 V70R. Again, good ones are getting difficult to find. That said I know of a 2 owner 2005 plate with only 30k on the clock that's up for sale, but I daren't ask how much!

Newark-on-Trent
Sat 2nd October

A nicely painted Volvo :okay:

Hicky

Guru
No, I was going to look at it once I'd got to 250K. In fairness it's a nail but does the job I ask of it every day.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Im it 146k miles now, purrs like a well fed kitten having its tummy tickled. Ill apply for the register oncemit makes 150k, get the bronze grill badge.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
As with the V70, I'd love an 'R'. Trouble is in 850 guise they are not cheap for a good one, and SWMBO want to be newer than that, so I think the latest I could get away with would be a Phase 2 or 3 V70R. Again, good ones are getting difficult to find. That said I know of a 2 owner 2005 plate with only 30k on the clock that's up for sale, but I daren't ask how much!
I used to have an 05 V70R, cracking car, had over 100k miles on the clock when I sold it and the adaptive suspension getting very close to needing replacing to get thru its MOT. Not many low mileage good condition examples around now.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My stepson is picking up his Volvo XC40 next Wednesday with only 900 miles on the clock. It has all the gadgets you could think of. He has always raved about how good the build quality is on his present VW Tigan but the Volvo is another world and leaves the VW way behind.

figbat

Slippery scientist
We like our XC40 and the XC60 before it. I just like Volvo as a company; the design, the philosophy and I’ve worked with them and they’re just a nice company to work with.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My stepson is picking up his Volvo XC40 next Wednesday with only 900 miles on the clock. It has all the gadgets you could think of. He has always raved about how good the build quality is on his present VW Tigan but the Volvo is another world and leaves the VW way behind.
I had one on loan and even as a raving Volvo enthusiast I confess I couldn't see what it was for, and what advantage it conferred over say a Focus. I get why it sells, because Volvo is now very skilled at making cars superficially desirable, but I still don't get it as a thing itself.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Gave mine the full beauty treatment today. Wash, wax, Vista on the plastics, levels, gave all the underbonnet connectors a dose of ACF50 in readiness for winter. Shiny shiny!

Top Bottom