The Volvo thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My 240 gained a dog guard today, so we're now ready for doggy transport duties. Sadly only going to be 2 of the 3 dogs, my poor girl is not up to longer walks so looks like it's a 2 dog car for the foreseeable.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ife signed up to be part of the world record attempt for the largest convoy of Volvos. Details on the Torquevolvo website is anyone wants to join in. Perhaps of interest to @cosmicbike ?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ife signed up to be part of the world record attempt for the largest convoy of Volvos. Details on the Torquevolvo website is anyone wants to join in. Perhaps of interest to @cosmicbike ?
That might be fun, they even have Stormtroopers! Will have to check with SWMBO etc etc

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I have a sneaking suspicion that the new XC 70 bus has the common (universal?) rear diff issue so it's going to the Man next weekend to check. No matter if that's the case, it's very much under warranty.

Expensive job, much more so than the same part in the Freelander 2, which has the same part, same issue, but where it's not buried behind a mini subframe that needs removed before removing the diff.

Once fixed, it's good for life. Cause? Too much pressure on the nose bearing meaning it breaks up and showers it's mates in the housing with swarf, too.
Update. Rear differential is good. Whine is the AC compressor, so a much cheaper fix.
I'm going to do a complete ATF change as the box is ever so slightly lumpy on occasion.
Oh, and the dealer is going to replace both bendy xenon light units as they have the oddest of faults where the silvered xenon bulb surrounds are loose and obscuring the beam on occasion

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
@Bonefish Blues do you fancy the Volvo record attempt mentioned above?
Word was it was a little shambolic last year - they claimed the record only to have the Guinness people tell them they hadn't met the record criteria :sad:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
So I've heard. This year they seem in the ball, fully cognisant of the counting criteria, and independent witnesses on hand. Hell, Guinness even insist its filmed from the air! The regulations are nuts.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I had a Volvo 480 turbo about 15 years ago...

Pop up headlights, Chassis fettled by Porsche, Digital Dash Computer, Volvo Build Quality, Light with a Renault engine bolted under the bonnet 😬

Can you guess what component failed?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Not that i can recall, i seem to recall the Fuego using a really old engine design that they plopped a turbo on maybe from the old Alpine A310 which is an OHV motor. I could be wrong...

Top Bottom