The Vuelta with spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Lopez!! Riding for my fantasy team. Graçias!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Ok I'm going to say it....it pains me.Movistar rode a good stage.
Back to the race,shame it took till the third week for Bernal to come into form,who knows but I'm optimistic for next year.Lets hope it's Rog v Pog v Bernal at the Tour ! Roglic is a worthy champ though,he's not backed out of any challenges at this Vuelta.Matched and beat the best 😁

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ok I'm going to say it....it pains me.Movistar rode a good stage.
Back to the race,shame it took till the third week for Bernal to come into form,who knows but I'm optimistic for next year.Lets hope it's Rog v Pog v Bernal at the Tour ! Roglic is a worthy champ though,he's not backed out of any challenges at this Vuelta.Matched and beat the best 😁
Roglic is 31, I wonder how many years he has left to challenge Pogacar in the TdF. I did hear an interesting theory that as Roglic came to cycling very late, his body hasn't taken the beating that most others have so he can continue longer. Dunno if there is any truth in this

I hope Bernal can compete with Pogacar otherwise the big tours may be something of a snoozefest, like this year's TdF

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Anyone know why Bardet launched a futile attack after Michael Storer, before that last climb?
Did he really think he'd ride away from Rog, Movistar and Ineos?
Was he just being French?:whistle:

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Anyone know why Bardet launched a futile attack after Michael Storer, before that last climb?
Maybe he thought Storer might blow and fancied his chances....in the end they both did 😁

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Bardet launched nothing. He followed Bizkarra. Probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Maybe he thought the bunch might let them go, 30th on GC.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm disappointed with myself that I didn't notice Bizkarra when I put together my fantasy team. What a splendid name. And probably cheaper than and just as useful as Landa.

Quite a lumpy start to todays stage, wonder if any of the GC challengers will go out early? Not sure Rog will be overly concerned, he dealt well with last two tricky stages so in the bag then?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Looks like Jakobsen's knackered from yesterday. The tracker shows him alone, 4.5 mins adrift of the peloton. I don't know if that's true - I expect he probably has some of his wolfpack buddies with him.
1630673510005.png

Top Bottom