The Water Tower baggers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
And with a wind turbine in the field of view too?n👍
Would others in a similar direction also have been visible from that location when they were around? Ferrybridge for example?
From the other end of the road and in a slightly more northerly direction, some more cooling towers behind another wind farm. From what I can tell looking at the map, that's Ferrybridge power station and Park Spring wind farm. It's a bit of a hazy photo so neither are terribly visible, I might try again on a better day and when I'm not chasing around after a sticky toddler.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
From the other end of the road and in a slightly more northerly direction, some more cooling towers behind another wind farm. From what I can tell looking at the map, that's Ferrybridge power station and Park Spring wind farm. It's a bit of a hazy photo so neither are terribly visible, I might try again on a better day and when I'm not chasing around after a sticky toddler.
You certainly have some enviably cracking views from up there. I suspect haziness might confound any efforts in the next few days, sticky toddlers notwithstanding 😉

winjim

Smash the cistern
You certainly have some enviably cracking views from up there. I suspect haziness might confound any efforts in the next few days, sticky toddlers notwithstanding 😉
The other, posher side of the hill has arguably 'nicer' views as it's all countryside, nothing urban, but you can only actually see as far as Ringinglow. We get the whole view of the city and beyond.

jongooligan

Legendary Member

Wife's friend, driving past Goole for the first time on the M62, "Good God! Why does Goole have a giant penis? It even has veins!"

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Water tower in Denford ash

View attachment 591437
A surprisingly stylish poede of brutalist architecture.

By the way, its not an actual water tower ....
The tower was built between 1322 and 1325, at which time it stood in the River Dee. It is attached to Bonewaldesthorne's Tower by a spur wall. The architect was John (de) Helpston who had also designed castles for King Edward II in North Wales. Its prime purpose was to defend the port of Chester, and it was also used to monitor the movements of shipping and to ensure that the custom dues were paid.

Top Bottom