The Water Tower baggers thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the one.
I’ve seen it during a couple of my Great North Road photographic trips

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The tower in Trent Park, Cockfosters with my trusty steed.
20210520_123901.jpg

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Paulus , is that Galaxy ? . Oh dear , traditional steel touring bike , leather saddle and Carradice , you are definitely in cycling old fart territory. :laugh:............ 🤔 I must fettle my old Claud Butler Dalesman with the Brooks and Carradice .
Yes, yes and yes.^_^ I do have other bikes though.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Wow! Just, wow!
Impressive optics on that camera.
I'm about 10 miles closer to the Cathedral on a direct line with it, but even when up some of the local high points, have never spotted it.
Highest point up the hill gets you Drax power station on the horizon, 40 miles away and perfectly visible to the naked eye.

winjim

Smash the cistern
And with a wind turbine in the field of view too?n👍
Would others in a similar direction also have been visible from that location when they were around? Ferrybridge for example?
I'm sure I recall seeing more than one set of cooling towers from up here but I couldn't swear to it. Is Ferrybridge still standing? You can spot the clouds of vapour on the right day but I don't know if that's just Drax.

That's the same set of wind turbines as in my previous post, I'm just higher up.

simongt

Guru
As a contrast, when the GLW moved down from Scotland in 1991, she initially had no idea what these odd concrete towers were as they don't exist north of the border because they have plenty of lochs, steep hills and mountains to provide the supply and flow of water. ^_^

Top Bottom