The weirdest and most obscure cycling subcultures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Now, I would say they are MUCH less weird than the map-tile collector bunch, who seem to be much more numerous!

I'm a fan of weird, by the way. And niche.
(but I draw the line at Dawes Kingpins :stop: )

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The two-speed single-speed lot. They're all a right bunch of weirdos.
Oh, hang on. I think it's only @ColinJ

You mean 'dinglespeed' :whistle:

Audax is weird to most people ^_^

As someone who rides audaxes I'd agree. My cycling club consider me very odd for doing them, even though they're happy to travel overseas for a 4-5 hour ride with a café stop or two.

1cae22832d88594b212d3cfa18c8f7ad.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The two-speed single-speed lot. They're all a right bunch of weirdos.
Oh, hang on. I think it's only @ColinJ

You mean 'dinglespeed' :whistle:
I am going to do 100 km on it singlespeed on my Garforth forum ride on Saturday, then I am going to convert it to a, er...

... quadraspeed! :laugh:

(It will be used almost all of the time in just 1 gear but I am adding a bailoUt gear for steep climbs to give me a chance to do lumpier routes. The other 2 cogs will just be to improve the chainline and let me pedal downhill without spinning out.)

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I am going to do 100 km on it singlespeed on my Garforth forum ride on Saturday, then I am going to convert it to a, er...

... quadraspeed! :laugh:

(It will be used almost all of the time in just 1 gear but I am adding a bailot gear for steep climbs to give me a chance to do lumpier routes. The other 2 cogs will just be to improve the chainline and let me pedal downhill without spinning out.)

Little by little @ColinJ invents the geared bicycle. :smile:

Top Bottom