The 'Why' thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
What about those transport bolts from washing machines?
I built up quite the collection in my loft, 2-3 decades worth. Why?

Finally had a clear-out last August.

D

Deleted member 26715

I built up quite the collection in my loft,
We were having loft insulation put in, had to clear it out, there were boxes up there from stuff we'd bought in the 80's

D

Deleted member 26715

attics are specially designed to only be cleared when you move house
or just after you die

This is Known

Or before the guys who are coming to put loft insulation in, we cleared stuff out that had been there 27 years

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why the knife and fork for a muffin? Poncy coffee shop or what.
20230813_112834.jpg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
I asked mine the same question. He told me alcohol intake can be linked to oral cancer. I still declined to answer 😉

My theory is that just about everyone lies when asked about the alcohol consumption (I usually reduce it by 50% in my answer), so, alcohol consumption appears to be linked to just about every ailment which it is possible to suffer from. ;)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
When I connect to my VPN, and a screen with a "proceed" button appears, WHY does a little box appear saying "press Proceed to continue" that I then have to click to dismiss before I can get to the Proceed button?

It's a proceed button. Of course I press it to continue. I do it every bieddy morning. Stop getting in my way and let me click it.

It guarantees that I start each working day in a state on mild irritation.

Which is exactly what the App's author intended ;)

Tenkaykev

Guru
attics are specially designed to only be cleared when you move house
or just after you die

This is Known

After recently being involved with clearing out the attic of a deceased relative, it's a thankless task. Almost 100 Toby Jugs of various designs was just one part of the miscellanea

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
After recently being involved with clearing out the attic of a deceased relative, it's a thankless task. Almost 100 Toby Jugs of various designs was just one part of the miscellanea

One of my (perfectly healthy) drinking pals decided he wanted to clear his loft out, so that his children would not have to do it, on his demise.

His fellow drinkers (including myself) offered to help him

In addition to numerous empty, and, almost new suitcases, the most interesting item to emerge was his wife's wedding dress (they have been married for over fifty years and have moved house several times).

The wedding dress still fitted her ;)

Top Bottom