The Wild Atlantic Way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
The Wild Atlantic Way
Ireland's spectacular coastal touring route
Explore one of Ireland’s most spectacular coastal touring routes, the Wild Atlantic Way. This remarkable coastal route stretches for 1500 miles along Ireland’s dramatic western seaboard taking in some of the most enchanting scenery in the world. Enter our competition here, and you could win a 5 night break to this stunning coastline.

The Wild Atlantic Way is just one of a number of incredible touring routes that Ireland has to offer. Why not try an adventure along the Causeway Coastal route, the Boyne Valley, Grand Tour or the Viking Triangle.

Wherever your journey takes you, there’s adventure and beauty in abundance. Start exploring now.

Edited to disable link, as competition now closed.

Last edited:

jags

Guru
amazing to see my part of the world on cyclechat.
fantastic cycling country if i do say so myself.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Likewise, the Kerry coastline is spectacular,but then I am very very biased.If you get the weather, easily the most beautiful place in the world! :-)

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I've planned to do this in August, only my miles worked out at about 1100 miles. Not sure what I'm missing if they say it's 1500 miles.
Given that distance/speed is now all metric, in Ireland at least, I'd assumed it was a mix-up over the unit used.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
I've planned to do this in August, only my miles worked out at about 1100 miles. Not sure what I'm missing if they say it's 1500 miles.
Any of the route shown of any use to you. Lists places of interest, where to stay. That sort if thing.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
One day I hope to have the time & money to cycle Ireland, you posted something on cycle tours in Ireland a couple of months ago really got me thinking....although Im hopefully in Dublin next easter I doubt I'll have much time for cycling...
Done the Western Way & the Dublin to Galway (East Coast-West Coast) link.
There is a piece about cycling in Dublin as well.

Should be there myself for the 24th April, 100 years on from 1916. Datewise.

Top Bottom