The wonder potato

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
They do look a bit dodgy if you tuck them up the leg of your bib tights, though, unlike a flat energy gel sachet! They barely show..

OP
OP
Threevok

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The trick is to plan your routes around potato farms, markets and greengrocer shops.

Oh, and those dodgy vans that seem to sell sacks of them, usually parked in the worst places imaginable - like roundabouts

winjim

Smash the cistern
Spudboob.

tom73

Guru
They do look a bit dodgy if you tuck them up the leg of your bib tights, though, unlike a flat energy gel sachet! They barely show..

Yeah, but your spuds may get admiring glances :-)

May make a mash of your nuts though :whistle:

"We investigated the effects of potato purée ingestion during prolonged cycling on subsequent performance versus commercial CHO gel or a water-only condition"

The trick then is to insert mashed potatoes into your shorts in a form which permits extraction. Are they available in the form of mashed potato bars? Have I spotted a gap in the marketplace. Will a hungry Dragon care to go halves with me as I bring savoury energy bars to a marketplace that craves electrolytes but doesn't know what they are?

Broadside

Guru
I prefer whole food to gels on endurance rides, bananas are my usual weapon of choice however I will sometimes have a gel after 80 miles to get me home.

I will give this potato idea a shot, it’s a nice alternative to a gel and crucially it’s savoury not sweet, sugary foods get so boring on longer rides.

it says potato purée, does this mean cooked potato or blitzed up raw? I don’t know if cooking might change something in the proteins that would stop them being effective. Serious question btw.

Top Bottom