The World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

So who's going to be the outstanding player after this years???

Messi, Rooney and the likes who have had great seasons and raved about never really have great world cups.

My money is on Arjen Robben to have a blinder.

The Dutch to recapture South Africa ?
I fancy some of the African teams to do well.. the altitude at some of the venues will be crucial to performance.
I just hope its all decided on a couple of really dodgy refereeing decisions.. This from FIFA who admitted they've just given ZA loads of extra money to get stadiums ready, but couldn't get their act in gear over eg. having extra officials such as in the Europa league that might stop a recurrence of the Henry type incident.

U

User169

meenaghman said:
The Dutch to recapture South Africa ?

A decent midfield and attack - Robben in particular looks in great form and Snijder looked good against Chelsea.

Defence isn't great though and the Dutch usually manage a few self-inflicted wounds along the way!

OP
OP
G

Greedo

ianrauk said:
Robben will be injured after about 5 minutes of his first game.. put your money on it

He does have a bit of the old "china doll" about him but I've a feeling he's going to have a stormer of a world cup

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
John Terry should not be in the squad, but taken as part of the backroom squad. The night before a match he could be booked into the hotel where the wives of Englands opponants are staying and walk round leering at them and grabbing his crotch.

That should take their husband's minds off the match.

puppypuppy

It will be Gerrard. Having had such a poor season, there is no pressure on him and however much i dislike him, he'll be national hero come end of June.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have a niece who's 3. In a proper fight, she'd batter Arjen Robben, Europe's most despicably cowardly man. To be honest, I can't see him standing up to the rigours of World Cup competition.

As to who will be the outstanding player, I could care less as I am as enthused as to the competition as I am by the speed at the growth of my own toe nails.

World Cup/Schmerld Cup.

darkstar

Seriously excited for the World Cup. I'm blinded by patriotism when it comes to international football so i reckon Rooney will have a blinder!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
darkstar said:
Seriously excited for the World Cup. I'm blinded by patriotism when it comes to international football so i reckon Rooney will have a blinder!
The trouble is if he has an eff and blinder which gets a red card.

He gets away with a fair bit from PL referees who don't fancy Lord Ferg giving them the hair dryer treatment in the media.

TijnUK

Hi,

I think the Dutch will to great again as they mostly do. However we have never won the World Cup and I don't think they'll do it this year either. But they might show some good attacking footbal again. As for Robben. Never been an Ajax player and made of glass. He does do his job though at the moment in Germany. Maybe he could bring some bikes back. ;)

Top Bottom