The worst bike ever made or that you have owned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I needed a bike to commute between St Pancras station and the office and as it would be living at the station did not want to spend too much money. Bought a bike for £20 of a mate and whilst the initial test ride indicated it might be a bit of a "fixer upper" it was only when I started using it in London I realized how utterly crap it was. The gears were shot and would jump off the cog at any gear change, the whole thing rattled alarmingly and bits started to drop off. After fiddling and fettling I gave up and started to use a Boris Bike ... which actually speeded up my commute time !

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Thread resurrection time:

Just seen this:
https://divagift.com/products/mtwolf-26-wheels-road-bike-24-gear-speed-white?variant=31163397079143

Just so wrong on many, many, many levels.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thread resurrection time:

Just seen this:
https://divagift.com/products/mtwolf-26-wheels-road-bike-24-gear-speed-white?variant=31163397079143

Just so wrong on many, many, many levels.
How frequently?

1633700929966.png

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
That has to be the only steel bike I've ever known that's trying to look like a carbon bike. So all the ugliness of a carbon frame, and all the weight of steel... truly, the zenith of stupidity in bike design.

I mean, look at that downtube! I'd have thought that weighed 15kg on it's own!

15kg might even be a bit "chinny reckon" itself. Like those huge fat men you know who say they're a "L" in T shirts, "or sometimes an XL depending on the shop", when really you know they shop exclusively at Jacamo because they do the XXXL sizes you can't get in human shops.

Hang on, just noticed... how many flippin spokes has it got!?!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Dolorous Edd

Punkawallah

Über Member
That has to be the only steel bike I've ever known that's trying to look like a carbon bike. So all the ugliness of a carbon frame, and all the weight of steel... truly, the zenith of stupidity in bike design.

Hang on, just noticed... how many flippin spokes has it got!?!

All of them - got to keep the weight up :-)

Worst bike I ever owned? Raleigh Chopper. Could not hate it, though, due to the rigmarole mum had to go through to get it!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
A 1980s Sun Solo, a 14th birthday present. One brake lever exploded on the first ride, the headset could never be tightened properly and the steel rims splayed on potholes, to the point where they could no longer retain a tyre.

Eventually it got alloy rims, the head tube was faced (fixing the headset issue for good) and it was repainted three more times. So it turned out ok in the end.

Top Bottom