the worst pain known to man

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I once accidentally poured boiling water down my Wellington boot!

And had the top of my right index chopped off on a building site.

Earache has to be one of the worst.

Carwash

Señor Member
Dayvo said:
Nah, I live in Sweden; there's a distinct LACK of jokes and senses of humour here, so I have to recycle old jokes! :smile: ;)

Depends on your taste of course, but I'd disagree with that. I rather enjoy 'HippHipp!' and Fredrik Lindström to name but two.

Carwash

Señor Member
Dayvo said:
How long did you live here?
I agree that Fredrik Lindström is entertaining and original, but there aint much else! :smile: ;)

A little over two years. But you're right, there's not much in the way of good home-grown comedy with a few exceptions - imports like 'BlackAdder', 'Faulty Towers', 'Seinfeld' etc seem to be more popular. Which is a shame, but there you go. I'm sure there's some good live stuff to be had if you know where to look.

Dayvo said:
but it's a question of taste, I suppose. A lot of people think Mr. Bean is funny!

<rolls eyes> Yeah, that's true. But then, he does travel well - physical comedy without dialogue.

mondobongo

Über Member
johnr said:
I thought the worst pain known to man was Man Utd scoring a last minute winner against your team.

Yep its painful and they do it on a regular basis to Liverpool:sad:

Tetedelacourse

Dayvo said:

Ending myself at this post Dayvo!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SamNichols said:
It's not really the worst pain though, is it? More a minor pain that goes away quite quickly. Not as bad as being shot, or having acid poured over you anyway. Saying that, my sister once threw a wallet at me, and it struck me in the unfortunate place - i was rolling around on the floor for about 5 minutes. Disconcertingly sensitive area.

I know a chap who had an estate agent's wallet dropped on his foot. :biggrin:

Dayvo said:

How? How on earth did you manage to do that?!?!

When I was at college one of my friends "sensitive area" got in the way of a flicked shot whilst we were playing hockey. I still remember him crumpling to the floor without making a sound and lying perfectly still holding his crutch.

He needed an ambulance, and apparently his balls swelled up to the size of tennis balls. He had just over a week off school!

The opposing school nominated him man of the match, but it can't have been much consolation!!

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
The worst pain, if you're circumcised, is using ralgex deep heat for a sore muscle and then going for a pee without washing your hands first.

Feck me that stung!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
How? How on earth did you manage to do that?!?!

When I was at college one of my friends "sensitive area" got in the way of a flicked shot whilst we were playing hockey. I still remember him crumpling to the floor without making a sound and lying perfectly still holding his crutch.

He needed an ambulance, and apparently his balls swelled up to the size of tennis balls. He had just over a week off school!

The opposing school nominated him man of the match, but it can't have been much consolation!!

Did he keep the match ball?

I once got knocked out by a football. It was pure comedy. I was in goals messing about before a game. Several footballs flying about. I chose a high looping one to track with my eyes just as a fat lad unleashed an exocet from 10 yards, which went straight for my gaping unsuspecting fizzer. When I woke up, my left eye had stopped working. After a few hours it came to. Not really painful though.

The pain of rubbing my eyes after cutting up a chili, ah jeezus that was sore.

I always found getting a blow to the knackers to be amusing and painful in equal amounts.

SamNichols

I've told the story about how I fell off a slide, landed astride a metal pole and passed out haven't I? I couldn't walk for a week. That was real pain.

Top Bottom