'The Yorkshire War-Time Experience'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I bet old User would chomp at the bit if it were full of T34's, BMPs, and the odd Mig-15. He'd be straight over to the bric a brac stand to get a great coat and a shapka.
There's a shop in Leeds (Stourton), that has all sorts of ex-military oddities, from all Forces

Maybe User might want something a bit dressed-up for the weekend???
http://www.johnsonsofleeds.co.uk/shop/en/one-offs/255-household-division-drum-major-state-dress.html

Drago

Legendary Member
hA7A7C8B8_0.jpeg

KEEF

Veteran
Granted, there was a problem, with the Pickering (in conjunction with the 'North Yorkshire Moors Railway') event a few years ago, when someone made the unfortunate decision to have the Waffen SS re-enactment group directing visitors into the car-parks...…………….
Honest!!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZKHYqjdQUhQ-WwsZVfo5FXOdCnBXY4uSlClkgndcKXhmEBtRF0g.jpg

Conversely, if my f-in-l hated me, he'd offer to take me to a f**tball game, as he knows I abhore/despise it
He never has, in the 33 years, I've been with his daughter

TVC

@KEEF

Here they are on the station, very bad memories for some

However, a war does consist of two sides (at least)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Two-enactors-recreate-1940s-life-railway.html
They do it at the Great Central railway too. If you go to these things looking to find offence then that's your problem.

I went to the GCR one a couple of times, on one occasion a small group in German uniform were sitting at a table on the train when a couple in American outfits came up to them, raised their guns and said "You should have been paying attention Fritz", to which one 'german' looked up and replied "Feck off Steve".:laugh:

I think you need to read the OP says nothing about a station or it being a replica French station. The image of Wafen SS directing traffic made me laugh. lighten up man

It was my 'OP', I used that article as an example, but the image of SS on station platforms does conjure up some images from history

Yes, I know it's all history, & can't be changed (as we're not an the Orwellian '1984' dystopia)

Hyslop

Veteran
I bet old User would chomp at the bit if it were full of T34's, BMPs, and the odd Mig-15. He'd be straight over to the bric a brac stand to get a great coat and a shapka.
We had a rather fetching T-72 in Carlisle on Saturday.Sadly,it was a blow-up version,a decoy from RAF Spadeadam,(kept moving about in the breeze,which seemed a bit unreal)I imagine E bay might oblige.

Top Bottom