Thefts of GPSs in cafes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Allen key is a colloquial term for a hex wrench . Spanner’s are wrenches . Now stop being one and realise people do have the tools with them to steal anything.

You got called out and tried to be smart . I dunno what your problem is , but get it sorted .

The simple fact is thieves are not walking around with spanners to steal dynamos. Allen keys and spanners are not one and the same. Is your suggestion that everything bolted to a bike should be disassembled and taken into a cafe? Not sure what your point is but try and be civill like the rest of us.

I doubt Germany has as many thieving scrotes as the UK, either.

Not sure what this impression is based on. Statistics?

on the core topic I take everything off a parked in town bike that is hand removeable apart from water bottles I don't need. I do sometimes leave a cheap chinese rear light on but it's a bit of a fag to remove from a cateye mount and only cost around £1.90. I did for a while have the odd idea that some mischievous sole might pee in my water bottles - not sure where that idea came from - now over it :smile: - bottles are aged decathlon things. All just common sense really I think.

Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
The simple fact is thieves are not walking around with spanners to steal dynamos. Allen keys and spanners are not one and the same. Is your suggestion that everything bolted to a bike should be disassembled and taken into a cafe? Not sure what your point is but try and be civill like the rest of us.

You really should try following your own advice. Bike multitool .

No not suggesting disassembling , but believe me you can take a massive amount off s bike very quickly with a multitool

subaqua

What’s the point
Hard to argue with that for of course that's the main reason for the multitool, and the modern standardisation of fastenings on bikes.

One guy in work who was rather vocal about “bloody cyclists” found that when he started to ride in , in the height of summer , his BSO from Argos was stripped of components with a multitool in slightly less than 15 minutes and the components placed in strategic places.

On the plus side when he did apologise and it got put back together he said it rode so much better.

He also discovered that cheap wire locks with 3 digit codes jam very easily but also cut open with a cheap leatherman copy very easily.

Anyway Allen keys - hex headed wrench

D

Deleted member 26715

Not sure anybody said it is right . Sadly people often don’t believe there are bad people out there who would steal the breath out of their own Granny if they could.
Welcome to Great Britain
Still don't see you're point, you appear to be going out of your way to be argumentative in this whole thread with multiple people, so I'm unsure as to what purpose, maybe you've strayed from your normal haunt where argumentative for argumentative sake is expected.
As to Welcome to GB I suspect from your juvenile antics, (including stripping a work colleagues bike in pieces to prove a point) that I've been here a whole lot longer than you have.

subaqua

What’s the point
Still don't see you're point, you appear to be going out of your way to be argumentative in this whole thread with multiple people, so I'm unsure as to what purpose, maybe you've strayed from your normal haunt where argumentative for argumentative sake is expected.
As to Welcome to GB I suspect from your juvenile antics, (including stripping a work colleagues bike in pieces to prove a point) that I've been here a whole lot longer than you have.

Aww jumping to conclusions again . Where did I say I stripped it down ...

And it is ironic you complaining about argumentative.

In short

There are bad people out there . Lots of people think there are not and find out hard way.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You really should try following your own advice. Bike multitool .

No not suggesting disassembling , but believe me you can take a massive amount off s bike very quickly with a multitool

But where are all these bike thieves stealing dynamo lights? I have yet to see anyone saying this has happened to them. Perhaps you could point to the threads where people are mentioning this.

classic33

Leg End Member
But where are all these bike thieves stealing dynamo lights? I have yet to see anyone saying this has happened to them. Perhaps you could point to the threads where people are mentioning this.
I've never had a battery light pinched when left in place. There's not many complaining about those type of lights being pinched either.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
In what sense "started".

The light I bought in 2013 has a torx bolt. Nothing new here.
My two Cyos bought in 2010-ish have a normal hex bolt and nyloc nut. The IQ-X I bought last year has the Torx bolt. Maybe it's only the more expensive ones?

Ajay

Veteran
Was the OP referring to an incident at Roots'?
If so a Garmin was mistakenly taken by another club and are trying to find the rightful owner and
I think they’ve found him.

And one was left behind/handed in there on Boxing Day, and the owner found. Good to know we’re not all bike thieves in this part of the world

Top Bottom