There is a thing called "Pumpkin"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Ok so am guilty of growing this object , can't think what possessed me !
My Swedish partner called me this morning while she was on horse feeding duty and said "why don't we have pumpkin soup for lunch"?
All l can say is that never having tried to peel and chop up one of the afore mentioned plant things, l recon l would have had an easier time trying to peel an armadillo with a pair of nail scissors :banghead:
2018-11-07 12.18.25.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
[QUOTE 5434462, member: 9609"]when did we stop hollowing out turnips for Halloween ?[/QUOTE]
Not sure which country you are in User9609 but in this part of France the practice is still widespread. I ought to have photographed a few but unfortunately l didn't get round to it .

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
People around here have got it into their heads to dump all their Halloween pumpkins at the side of my local cycle route.

I suspect their favorite form of social media has told them that the squirrels will eat them.

I was unaware that squirrels liked hollowed out carcasses of smelly rotten produce

They don't seem to have much of an appetite - judging by how long they've been there

Threevok

That's a squash. The orange Halloween pumpkins are a type of squash that has been bred specially to have a thin skin for easy cutting and carving, and they don't keep whereas hard-skinned squashes will keep for six months. Discarded orange pumpkins do get eaten with relish by all sorts of animals, including pigs.

That's bloody marvelous. It's hard enough avoiding suicide squirrels every morning, but pigs ? :mrpig:

Threevok

Don't you have wild boar like we do in Sussex?

Everything is wild down here :laugh:

Top Bottom