These panniers any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They look great. Really looking forward to recieving mine.

Although I think I'm gonna look like a postman!

Coco

Thanks (hopefully) ordered.

longers

Legendary Member
I'm glad I waited - finally got round to convinving myself to order some and they're now £48.50.

Andy - can't tell if the rack is straight with the panniers fitted but will trust you on that.

longers

Legendary Member
Hope they give you many miles !

They feel like they will, they've just arrived. It's tipping it down so they'll get a good test on the way home.

I had planned on saving for Ortliebs or Carradice but these are great value for money. I had a pair of Altura something or others - well made and waterproof for 3 or 4 years, I'd have been happy to stick with them and use a rubble sack liner when needed but someone helped themself to one of them while stealing a bike twelve months ago.

Cheers for the headsup and recommendations everyone :becool:

Crankarm

Guru
Auntie Helen said:
We've got two pairs of Vaude panniers, at £95 for each pair, and I think they're brilliant value for money and so well made (German engineering at its best). If the EBC ones are made by Vaude you should be very confident in 'em!

Vaude are the best panniers IMHO. If you check out this current thread you will see them, it you haven't already, alongside Ortlieb and Altura bags.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=48989&page=4

I spotted the Vaude fronts on Amazon quite by chance start of december last year - £50 and the bar bag - £51. So snapped them up straight away. Free delievry as well so didn't even have to leave my computer. They came very well packaged but strangely not together - don't go there. They are still o.o.s as far as I know know, Amazon are getting more during feb sometime but I don't think the price will be as low as £50. They are very well made and fabric is very durable and totally waterproof.

And yeess AH they are still made in Germany or at least that is what the script stamped in the material around the outside of the side pocket on my rear panniers indicates, which were, unfortunately, not so cheap at just under £100 for the pair, but worth every penny.

So if Vaude make the EBC ones then they should be half decent even if not their full spec made under their own name.

Top Bottom