They have to be joking.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kai

Regular
Smoke and mirror advertising for Easter ;)

OP
OP
Onthedrops

Onthedrops

Veteran
Smoke and mirror advertising for Easter ;)

I know Kai but it's getting ridiculous. Easter's months away! They put them up to £500 before Christmas. I went to my local with a view to seriously buying one. Paid an initial visit, went away to think about it. Went back for a second look, the guy working there recognised me and was genuinely embarrassed when I asked why the price had been increased by over £200.

Just wonder if anyone actually buys them at those absolutely ridiculously inflated prices?

Kai

Regular
They used to put all their Christmas special online over the summer at prices that were 2-3 times the final " sale " price , even the discounted price was on the high side in comparison to others.

They won't be selling many bikes over the next couple of months so the next big advertising opportunity will be Easter when the weather improves. As its last yrs model it wouldn't surprise me if it then went half price.

sabian92

Über Member
It's like the Virtuoso - They're like 450 quid, but they knock them down to make them look cheap even though that's the actual value. I got mine for 300 quid or so, I think.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I got my Virtuoso for £240 and I've done 2500ish miles on it. Carrera Virts / TDFs are good value, but not at £500!

Nearly there

Veteran
Items have to have been on sale at a higher price before any offers start but over inflating it to nearly double is ridiculous,anyone not clued up on these things will walk into halfords when the offer is on again and will think they are getting a great deal.

jayonabike