They will see me coming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SomethingLikeThat

Über Member
Everyone seems to hate it. I don't think it's that bad. I'd rather go for this though.
foska-marmite-winter-jersey.jpg

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
But it could be really worse, which even I draw the line at :wacko:

tmx-jer-ls-m-2k.jpg

Norm

Unfortunately, I think that a shirt like the one in the OP will do anything other than allow people to see you coming. It will, in fact, do the exact opposite and disguise, or camouflage, your outline and make you much less visible than you would be in a single-coloured top.

That doesn't stop it looking good, though. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Unfortunately, I think that a shirt like the one in the OP will do anything other than allow people to see you coming. It will, in fact, do the exact opposite and disguise, or camouflage, your outline and make you much less visible than you would be in a single-coloured top.

That doesn't stop it looking good, though. :thumbsup:

All over the world are soldiers wandering around in proper camouflage, just as i did when a soldier. I cannot recall a single incident of a soldier being knocked over because a driver didn't see him because of his camouflage.

Norm

All over the world are soldiers wandering around in proper camouflage, just as i did when a soldier. I cannot recall a single incident of a soldier being knocked over because a driver didn't see him because of his camouflage.
Not sure I understand the relevance of that to my comment. Your thread is titled "They will see me coming" but random markings like that make you more difficult to see.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
I just disagree with the premise that it will work like camouflage, and if it does it would not be sufficient to put me at risk on the roads.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I woudn't say it was camouflage unless you cycle in rainbows,,,

Norm

I woudn't say it was camouflage unless you cycle in rainbows,,,
Looking out of the window of the coffee shop I'm in at the moment, I can see all of those colours in a similar profusion, so I'd say it could be pretty spot on for urban camouflage.

Camouflage works because it breaks up outlines to make the shapes unidentifiable, as I'm sure Compo knows all too well. Team strips with vertical stripes can make the wearer less visible in the countryside, almost regardless of the colour, solid blocks of colour are much easier to identify as 'humanoid'.

This is nothing against the shirt, which I still like, just that I'd consider it to be better at hiding the wearer than at ensuring 'they will see me coming'.

OP
OP
compo

compo

Veteran
Sorry Norm. Although I can see where you are coming from we will have to agree to disagree (even if you can't see where I am coming from when wearing my shirt of many colours :thumbsup:)

subaqua

What’s the point
Sorry Norm. Although I can see where you are coming from we will have to agree to disagree (even if you can't see where I am coming from when wearing my shirt of many colours :thumbsup:)

dazzle camouflage. have a look at my previous post in this thread. Ianruk posted similar comments on a thread very similar about 18 months ago

Top Bottom