thieving b@stard scum

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by roadrash, 10 Sep 2019.

1. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

Putting your car keys in a metal container will prevent the scrums from getting a signal.

2. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Sorry to read this @roadrash :hugs:

roadrash likes this.
  3. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Sorry this has happened to you mate . You must be fuming that they have entered your home .

roadrash likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Weii at 6.15 police knock on my door and tell me my car has been found with false plates on , crashed on the m6 somewhere near Lancaster, they only came here as a letter with this address had been found in the car, they had no idea I had reported it stolen, all they could tell me was it has crash damage and airbags had been activated. after telling them it had been stolen I gave them the crime number and they said it would probably go to forensics.

raleighnut and Archie_tect like this.
  5. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

That's a bit worrying, you would have thought that if they know it's on false plates somebody would have checked the VIN number which would have flagged up that it was marked as stolen. Probably thought they had an easy arrest by catching you in bed.

Archie_tect and roadrash like this.
  6. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Sorry to read this @roadrash
    I was burgled once. The scumbags broke into my flat while I was working night-shift. They took everything...TV, hi-fi, VCR, a lifetime worth of hundreds of CD's etc. Was absolutely gutted. They even nicked the beer from the fridge.
    It's the knowing that some complete stranger had been ransacking through my home that hits the hardest.
    I couldn't even live there afterwards. Packed my stuff and moved out a couple weeks after.

Davos87, Saluki, raleighnut and 2 others like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

seems to be a case of the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing

classic33, raleighnut and Drago like this.
  8. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

Itll go to SOCO at the home force where it crashed. Good news, if there is any, is that airbags can be very good for DNA recovery, so fingers crossed some Johnny scumbag gets identified.

raleighnut and Archie_tect like this.
  9. OP
    OP
    roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

I do hope so

Drago likes this.
  10. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Only if they are on the register, which is why everybody should report at 16 years old to have their DNA put on file.

Diogenes, Drago and numbnuts like this.
  11. Archie_tect

Archie_tect De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold

Hope the installer of the car's airbags has a good alibi...

C R, Beebo and Drago like this.
  12. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

I think the odds of them not being on it are slight, and if they aren't then at the rate they're going it won't be long before they are.

13. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Said the man who used to be happy with his 'iccle Smart

Wouldn't trust keyless entry on any car TBH. My BIL puts his keys in a faraday pouch - what a pain in the bum.

Luckily, the OP had keys downstairs. Without knowing if it was a 'desirable car' had the keys been in a bedroom, then things may have been very different.

classic33 likes this.
  14. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Hopefully the insurance company will write off not repair. I wouldn't want the car back after that

Saluki and classic33 like this.
  15. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

Trouble is DNA placing you in a stolen car is not proof that you actually stole the car.

AndyRM, raleighnut and Drago like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice