Thieving scrotes took my tool kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Out on my bike in town, I noticed that my toolkit and puncture stuff was no longer in my saddlebag. Clearly on my last visit to the supermarket aboard the bike, somebody has gone in the saddlebag and removed the inner nylon bag that had all my fixing bits in it. So I've lost 2 tubes, multitool, patches, CO2 gun, cylinders, tyre levers etc. They left the pump, so thanks for that.

Because the pump was left behind then clearly this wasn't a cyclist in need of bits, it's an opportunist having a nosey and deciding that the nylon bag might have some goodies inside like a wallet. Probably 20 yards down the road, they'll have seen what it is, and thrown it in a hedge or a bin. Senseless. No benefit to the thief, but massive inconvenience for me, not to mention the aggregate cost. So I've just had to spend 80 quid at the LBS to replace it all. Thanks scumbag, and a pox upon your family.
I never had a problem with tool kits going missing off my bike in about 3 to 4 decades of cycling, I've had bikes go, but never tools. Next time I will at least put all the bits in a clear plastic bag so the gits know it's worth nothing (to them).

On the upside, the LBS had this amusing sign up which has brightened my day a little.

20211023_155424.jpg

IaninSheffield

Veteran
👍 for the photo, 😥 for the theft. Sorry to hear that.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Out on my bike in town, I noticed that my toolkit and puncture stuff was no longer in my saddlebag. Clearly on my last visit to the supermarket aboard the bike, somebody has gone in the saddlebag and removed the inner nylon bag that had all my fixing bits in it. So I've lost 2 tubes, multitool, patches, CO2 gun, cylinders, tyre levers etc. They left the pump, so thanks for that.

Because the pump was left behind then clearly this wasn't a cyclist in need of bits, it's an opportunist having a nosey and deciding that the nylon bag might have some goodies inside like a wallet. Probably 20 yards down the road, they'll have seen what it is, and thrown it in a hedge or a bin. Senseless. No benefit to the thief, but massive inconvenience for me, not to mention the aggregate cost. So I've just had to spend 80 quid at the LBS to replace it all. Thanks scumbag, and a pox upon your family.
I never had a problem with tool kits going missing off my bike in about 3 to 4 decades of cycling, I've had bikes go, but never tools. Next time I will at least put all the bits in a clear plastic bag so the gits know it's worth nothing (to them).

On the upside, the LBS had this amusing sign up which has brightened my day a little.

View attachment 614751
Yep.....they are thieving scumbags.
They care nothing for you, its just an opportunity for them.
But thanks for the lbs sign.

OP
OP
CanucksTraveller

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I made the mistake of leaving a few coins in my car for parking machines. It was in the centre console.
The gits smashed a window to steal it. So over £100 to repair the window for a handful of small change.
There is no reasoning with people.
Thats awful. And this is what irks me about these kind of "petty" crimes, the inconvenience and cost to the victims is absolutely huge, and for the thief it wasn't even worth committing. Couple of coins gets your thief a coffee, maybe. My thief benefited to the tune of sweet FA, but it's cost me 80 notes. He's gained nothing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I was once given advice in a car park it the Glasgow Royal Infirmary.
" Leave nothing, and I mean nothing in view".
Whether valuable or not anything may be worth selling to somebody even for a few pence.
My van got a broken passenger window in Largs once as somebody fancied the bog standard radio for which they may even have got a pound. I was asleep in the van so that was foiled. The police told me they saw two youths running as tho' all the devils of hell were after them and just waited for the call they knew to expect.
Your tool kit may well not have been dumped as there is probably a conduit for any stolen goods no matter how small.

A friend, now deceased, very successfully entertained many of us when she suffered from a bag-snatching incident about 30 years ago. She was retired , a paid dog-walker and used to make sturdy, quite good-looking shoulder-bags, usually out of charity-shop denim jeans, to carry all the dog poo. She'd make half a dozen over the weekend then use one a day during the week.

She'd walked a bunch of big dogs and delivered them back to their owners, a few little ones ditto, then she went for a tiny dog whose owner paid for it to be walked alone. Her shoulder bag was getting quite full and she debated with herself whether to go home and dump the whole thing in the bin but the little dog was nearby so she thought she'd take it out first, then go home.

Well you can guess what happened can't you? Teenage scrote on a bike swerved towards her and pulled the bag off her, cycling away fast in triumph from the park towards the underbelly estate.

Oh how we all laughed! Imagining that yob plunging his hand into the bag's contents ...

Drago

Legendary Member
We can buy hope thqt Johnny Lightfingers uses the tools to make a bodge repair on his own bicycles brakes, that they fail, and his scrotum is severed in the ensuing crash, and that a passing stray dog runs off with them before they can be reattached, and that the sympathetic local paper run a story on the incident with his name and picture for maximum embarassment, and the wound turns septic and has to have his schlong removed, but the surgery causes a nerve to be severed which leaves his sphincter permanently slack.

We can buy hope thqt Johnny Lightfingers uses the tools to make a bodge repair on his own bicycles brakes, that they fail, and his scrotum is severed in the ensuing crash, and that a passing stray dog runs off with them before they can be reattached, and that the sympathetic local paper run a story on the incident with his name and picture for maximum embarassment, and the wound turns septic and has to have his schlong removed, but the surgery causes a nerve to be severed which leaves his sphincter permanently slack.
You really worked that one out and followed through!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I've seen more stupid thieves than smart ones, but wouldn't rule out this one knowing what he was doing.

He might even be a cyclist who will put the items to their intended use.

Useful accessories such as these would probably sell quite well on ebay or similar, with very little risk to the seller.

Top Bottom