thin shoe insoles or can i return the shoes ?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by cyberknight, 15 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

I am struggling still to get shoes that fit,
    Latest pair cost £60 from decathlon , expensive for me and they felt fine instore but when riding my toes still have not got enough room .
    Took the insoles out and it felt a lot better, so i was wondering could anyone recommend a really thin insole or what about using some cardboard ?

Will decathlon take back shoes that have cleat marks on them ?

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Any shoe shop should have thin insoles.

Other option is take them back but I guess you did try in first.

3. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

How about cutting an insole from a sheet of leather? In fact I've been planning to do do this with my Shimano MTB shoes as the supplied insoles make my feet sweaty.

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I can't see them taking the shoes back if used

Cheap insoles are thin, try Poundland or similar

raleighnut likes this.
  5. MiK1138

MiK1138 Über Member

Try Poundland Memory Foam insoles they appear to have amnesia as they are flat a a flat thing within 2 rides

6. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

This weather, I dont wear socks with my shoes. Would this make a difference?

7. Amnesia? The opposite: they remember everything :smile:

8. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Do you actually need insoles at all? Depending on the material a good cobbler may be able to to stretch them for you. Worse case wear them around the house with 3 pairs of socks on for a while.

9. Yellow Saddle

Yellow Saddle Veteran

Allow me to put this differently. Would you buy a pair of shoes from Decathlon if it has cleat marks and signs of having been used by someone else?

10. Tangoup51

Tangoup51 Well-Known Member

You have your consumer rights for returning products depending on when you purchased them.

Any general wear will be considered enough to render the product only for use in "used" or second hand clearance sales, so they would take it back for that reason.

11. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

DECATHLON’S RETURN POLICY
    At Decathlon we pride ourselves on the quality of our products and our dedication to customer satisfaction. This is why we give you 365 days to return your item if you are not completely happy with it. When returning the products you should have a receipt /invoice or a loyalty card used at the time of purchase.

12. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

Generally I would agree,although decathlon have a good reputation for returns.Phoned them up and I am swapping for the next size no problem.

Cycleops likes this.
  13. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

No, its not a statutory right, that's why you need to check to see what the individual store's policy is.

14. OP
    OP
    cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice