Things I don't 'get' in this modern world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
I know I am getting old (past 41 now) but there are some things in this modern world I do not understand. For instance:

Why does a z get added to everything in teenspeak? I have a 17 yr old daughter who calls everyone babeszz

What happened to waists? I am a lady of a larger size, I want jeans that go on my waist,, not half way down my hips.

Why is it so difficult for next door to bring their bin in? They have to walk past it to get to the front door!

Why does everything have to talk to everything else. I have seen a washing machine that can be controlled via wi-fi? Why?

Any one have the answers, or failing that things that you don't 'get'

Oldfentiger

Veteran
I'm about to take delivery of a car which has a hand held remote control for the sat nav.
I do believe I'm capable of reaching the dashboard from the drivers seat - what is the benefit of a remote? :wacko:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It can be done, so it is done. Then they slap a higher price tag on it for selling you features you neither want nor use.
Cynic, moi??

It is something that annoys me about modern action films. 'We have CGI, therefore we can make long, unlikely action sequences in all sorts of odd locations, so let's do it.' Result - long films with little plot that just get boring (I'm thinking Hobbit here...)

1. A-Z forever and a day kids have been using a different language to assert independence from their parents. Else we'd be talking like Shakepeasre...or Victorians...or hippies etc etc I bet you did too.
2. Are you Simon Cowell?
3. People are lazy
4. Some like it and there's a market for it. Some don't. You have a choice

screenman

Legendary Member
I know I am getting old (past 41 now) but there are some things in this modern world I do not understand. For instance:

Why does a z get added to everything in teenspeak? I have a 17 yr old daughter who calls everyone babeszz

What happened to waists? I am a lady of a larger size, I want jeans that go on my waist,, not half way down my hips.

Why is it so difficult for next door to bring their bin in? They have to walk past it to get to the front door!

Why does everything have to talk to everything else. I have seen a washing machine that can be controlled via wi-fi? Why?

Any one have the answers, or failing that things that you don't 'get'

I can answer one as I did it, waist sizes are changeable and often worth the effort.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
On the subject of technology, whatever happened to putting your phone to your ear when talking to someone by phone? I see it all the time (mostly women?) Walking down the street with phone held out in front of them, chatting away loudly so everyone can hear and everyone can also hear the replies. It is almost as if they are desperate to prove there is someone on the other end and they are not just pretending to have friends! Or maybe they want everyone to stare in awe at a phone that has hands free, except it isn't hands free because you are holding the bloody thing!

Leedsbusdriver

Every breath leaves me one less to my last
On the subject of technology, whatever happened to putting your phone to your ear when talking to someone by phone? I see it all the time (mostly women?) Walking down the street with phone held out in front of them, chatting away loudly so everyone can hear and everyone can also hear the replies. It is almost as if they are desperate to prove there is someone on the other end and they are not just pretending to have friends! Or maybe they want everyone to stare in awe at a phone that has hands free, except it isn't hands free because you are holding the bloody thing!
Get with it old fella.It's face timing innit babez.

Top Bottom