Things I don't 'get' in this modern world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I'm 51 and don't really get anything anymore. I want to move into a cave with my bike, axe and a crossbow. My wife won't let me.
'course she won't.....she'd have no bike, axe or crossbow....^_^

(repost) Douglas Adams

“I've come up with a set of rules that describe our reactions to technologies:
1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”

KneesUp

Guru
(repost) Douglas Adams

1. Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
2. Anything that's invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
3. Anything invented after you're thirty-five is against the natural order of things.”
Spot on Mr Adams. And I just felt sad all over again because I remembered he's dead.

postman

Legendary Member
) Walking down the street with phone held out in front of them

This morning a young lady nearly got knocked down at the entrance to the Merrion Street car park.She was on her phone looking down and walked right across our bonnet.I shouted at her she looked up,and my wife stopped.Stupid young lady.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This morning a young lady nearly got knocked down at the entrance to the Merrion Street car park.She was on her phone looking down and walked right across our bonnet.I shouted at her she looked up,and my wife stopped.Stupid young lady.
In the last 12 months I have had 3 very near misses when dropping the nipper off at school by bike. All the mums can't wait to get back on Facebook or whichever social media fills up their lives after delivering their little darlings to the school. They often walk out of the gates and straight into the road without even looking up from the phone. This is OK when I am in the old Land rover because they will normally hear me coming, but when on the bike they are oblivious. If it wasn't so dumb it would be hilarious because they always jump out of their skin when I mutter 'watch where you are going' in their ear as I swerve around them.

subaqua

What’s the point
What happened to 'Videoplus'.

Can you get freeview VHS recorders?

Only have the VHS for some old vids we have. I could digitise but CBA .

I have been asked for turntable advice by 20 something hipsters in work !

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
old.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Can you get freeview VHS recorders?

Only have the VHS for some old vids we have. I could digitise but CBA .

I have been asked for turntable advice by 20 something hipsters in work !
I meant more the concept of entering a number to preset a recording (in any format) than VHS (which was crap compared to Betamax)

Tim Hall

(repost) Douglas Adams

Add to that:
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works
ibid

Top Bottom