Things I don't 'get' in this modern world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
i struggle to understand why we all need 100+ tv stations when you can only watch 1 at a time
It's a question of quality and falling standards, in the olden days when we only had three channels there was a good chance that one of the three would be judged as worth watching. Nowadays it is likely we will have to trawl through a hundred channels to find one programme which appeals:smile:.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
What happened to 'Videoplus'.

Oh yes - the delights of keying a 15 digit code printed next to the TV listing in the paper (remember those?) - but at least it was easier than laying on the floor in front of the video programming it by pressing those tiny little buttons....And don't forget to add 5 mins on in case it overruns. And make sure you've put a tape in. And rewound it. And put it in timer mode. :laugh:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This morning a young lady nearly got knocked down at the entrance to the Merrion Street car park.She was on her phone looking down and walked right across our bonnet.I shouted at her she looked up,and my wife stopped.Stupid young lady.

Probably one of my students. I almost did the same on the bike on Monday - the squeal of the brakes made her look but she carried on walking regardless of the traffic.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oh yes - the delights of keying a 15 digit code printed next to the TV listing in the paper (remember those?) - but at least it was easier than laying on the floor in front of the video programming it by pressing those tiny little buttons....And don't forget to add 5 mins on in case it overruns. And make sure you've put a tape in. And rewound it. And put it in timer mode. :laugh:
Plus making sure you haven't taped the bike racing over your wedding video.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Why does everything have to talk to everything else. I have seen a washing machine that can be controlled via wi-fi? Why?

'
Who would like a scooter that talks to your phone and displays your message/faceache/news feed alerts on the dashboard? (Only when you are stopped of course.)

Hopefully lots of you as I'd like a bonus next Christmas.:whistle: :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Why does everything have to bleep at us?
Headlights on
Seatbelt off
Washer fluid needed
Temperature below 4deg
Fridge door open
Etc
That's easy enough answer.

TVC

Who would like a scooter that talks to your phone and displays your message/faceache/news feed alerts on the dashboard? (Only when you are stopped of course.)

Hopefully lots of you as I'd like a bonus next Christmas.:whistle: :laugh:
Is that the one I saw on the news?

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Is that the one I saw on the news?
If it looked like this then, yes.
DSC0004245.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
In order.....

They wanna be cool and adding Z is a cheap way of doing it.
You gotta be hip.
They have no time.
The washing machine can talk to your smartphone and advise you when it has completed (since you have no time because you are being cool with your hip jeans).
Something like that.
When it stops making any noise it's for one of two reasons
1: It's finished.
2: It's gone on strike.

Top Bottom