Things I don't 'get' in this modern world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex H

Legendary Member
The washing machine can talk to your smartphone and advise you when it has completed (since you have no time because you are being cool with your hip jeans).

That would be these jeans, of course http://www.spinali-design.com/pages/jeans-essentiel
http://www.spinali-design.com/pages/jeans-essentiel
"Equipped with two vibrating sensors on the belt and connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth, this product offers new features that integrate into your daily environment.

The geolocation feature allows you to navigate through your urban journeys using guiding vibrations either on the right or left side of your Essential jeans.

This technology provides an easier, and above all more intuitive option to help you find your car or your meeting place, for example.
" :eek:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It's a question of quality and falling standards, in the olden days when we only had three channels there was a good chance that one of the three would be judged as worth watching. Nowadays it is likely we will have to trawl through a hundred channels to find one programme which appeals:smile:.

exactley

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
More seriously (slightly) with all the advancements in nano technology and quantum physics, I don't get why we cannot design a cafe table that doesn't wobble.

And no, not the dragons denesque device to stop it wobbling...aka a napkin...but just a table that doesn't wobble, like what we have at home and stuff.

Making a non-wobbly table is simplicity itself.
Three feet, not four. It may not be level, but it won't wobble.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Why does everything have to bleep at us?

Temperature below 4deg

Etc
De-iced the cars windows at 10am this morning, below freezing - no bleep.
Got my mum to the shops - no bleep. 2 degrees.
Later must have hit some sunshine because the freeze alarm went beep and the temperature had risen to a mighty 3 degrees.

So the freezing bleep only alerted me to the fact that it was warming up.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've never understood how the two most popular television shows in this year of our Lord 2017 are about ballroom dancing and making cakes.
With all due apologies for replying to my own post, I have to confess to having just spent a very contented hour watching James May assembling a Hornby Flying Scotsman and a Kenwood Chef. (Learning among other things how it got its name: because it was invented - and the company founded - by a man called Ken Wood.)

classic33

Leg End Member
With all due apologies for replying to my own post, I have to confess to having just spent a very contented hour watching James May assembling a Hornby Flying Scotsman and a Kenwood Chef. (Learning among other things how it got its name: because it was invented - and the company founded - by a man called Ken Wood.)
And the other?

tyred

Legendary Member
It's a question of quality and falling standards, in the olden days when we only had three channels there was a good chance that one of the three would be judged as worth watching. Nowadays it is likely we will have to trawl through a hundred channels to find one programme which appeals:smile:.

I found a the best way to solve that problem goes like this -
smash-tv-screen-hammer-blow-42909971.jpg

And fit this in it's place -
18614418-Bookshelf-with-books-and-magazines-german-titles-Stock-Photo-bookcase.jpg

:okay:

Top Bottom